I am able to upgrade my phone with T-Mobile, as I am out of contract. I was trying to search, but did not find a definitive answer. If I have the $5.99 t-zones service, can I use a Blackberry 8900 without getting a Blackberry service plan. Can I use the internet on Wi-fi and t-zones only? Thanks for your help.
    03-13-09 07:15 PM
    Have you ever used T zones? I did...for about a week. It's a VERY watered down version of the BIS. You could try it out but, you will not have the full capabilities of the BIS like PUSH emails among other things.
    03-13-09 07:18 PM
    I have used t-zones on an iPhone, and want to see if there are any similar hacks where I can use t-zones. It's fine for me and what I do. I just want to be sure that if I upgrade to a Blackberry I can keep my t-zones and use it. I know it is not the fastest data plan. Also, if Wi-fi works, than I'll be fine. Thanks
    03-13-09 07:29 PM
    Yeah keep it. I only use my 8900 with t-zones and wifi and it works great. Make a google email, download the google mail app, and get your mail forwarded there (g mail app works with t-zones).
    03-14-09 08:46 AM
    T-zones will work and allow you to use apps and search the web. You won't get any push
    services such as emails, or blackberry messenger. Blackberry maps may be able to be
    Used but I'm not sure about that one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-09 09:06 AM
    Google maps works fine, I haven't even tried BBmaps.
    03-14-09 09:19 AM
    Thanks for the answers guys. I think I am going to get one. Now it's a matter of finding the best/cheapest place to get one. I can get it thru t-mobile online, but was going see if Costco or Walmart would start carrying them. They both have the Blackberry flip. Should I just breaking down and get it at T-Mobile?
    03-16-09 11:59 AM
    I am able to upgrade my phone with T-Mobile, as I am out of contract. I was trying to search, but did not find a definitive answer. If I have the $5.99 t-zones service, can I use a Blackberry 8900 without getting a Blackberry service plan. Can I use the internet on Wi-fi and t-zones only? Thanks for your help.
    Im having an issue with this as well. I just had 1 more question. as you are renewing your contract with tmobile, they let you keep the tzones?? I just want to make sure they let me renew that as well, since its not offered anymore.
    03-24-09 01:56 AM
    When I had the storm and I didn't get the bb plan I still had tzones from my iphone and it worked for me for a xouple days but I guess tmobile causght on and cut it off lol. So I got the unlimited data plan. It actually saves money

03-24-09 07:09 AM
    I'm struggling to get the Blackberry data plan instead of my t-zone. I just got a new 8900 from t-mobile and in terms of getting the $100 rebate, I have to sign up for the Blackberry Data Plan...??

So far, I haven't signed up yet. I am looking for an email client software to setup my pop email. Any ideas??
    03-25-09 10:22 AM
    Yeah you've gotta sign up for it, at least until you receive the rebate.
    03-25-09 10:34 AM
    yeah.. but at the same time, I will lost my $5.99 T-Zone.. and won't able to add it back on....
    03-25-09 10:40 AM
    You could just have both couldn't you? You'd spend more money, but it's worth 100$.
    03-25-09 10:43 AM
    I was using tzones with iphone got the bb a wk ago and still using tzones on it. U wont get push updates but thats fine. Gmail app works just as good. Websites load just as fine google maps works great etc.
    03-25-09 11:06 AM
    You could just have both couldn't you? You'd spend more money, but it's worth 100$.
    I have to call them ask request that.. I tried on the t-mobile website, once I add the BB plan, it will remove my t-zone... no choice... i will call to customer service and see if it is do-able...
    03-25-09 12:30 PM
    I was using tzones with iphone got the bb a wk ago and still using tzones on it. U wont get push updates but thats fine. Gmail app works just as good. Websites load just as fine google maps works great etc.
    Yeah.. I was using tzone on my iphone too. But after switching to BB, sometimes the browser will pop up and say i need to upgrade to bb plan.

Also, I will need to setup a pop account for my work email, which I still could not find any alternatives...
    03-25-09 12:31 PM
    just called and they said bb plan and tzone cannot stay on the same account at the same time.
    03-25-09 01:35 PM
    That sucks.. time to make a decision! lol

If you're still in your 14 day grace period, return it. Then buy a 8900 through retentions without rebates. <~ That's what I did, same price, just instant rebates.
    03-25-09 05:21 PM
    That sucks.. time to make a decision! lol

If you're still in your 14 day grace period, return it. Then buy a 8900 through retentions without rebates. <~ That's what I did, same price, just instant rebates.
    yeah... but the thing is .. I'm extending one line from my 5 lines family plan... will they give me that offer???
    03-25-09 05:27 PM
    Yeah that's exactly what I did. I renewed 1 line out of 3.. It's up to you if it's worth the trouble though.
    03-25-09 05:32 PM
    I dunno what to tell u.

03-25-09 05:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD