This is a stupid question.
    But is it possible to take the OS from the 8900 Curve and put it on the 8310 Curve?
    09-08-09 12:27 AM
    No. Different hardware, etc.
    09-08-09 12:30 AM
    Nope.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

09-08-09 09:53 AM
    I think he was just asking if you could update the 8310 firmware to 4.6 and up. I'm not sure, and I've even owned the 8310 for a good year on ATT. If its anything to you, its possible to get this os on the 8350i, my current device; so I could only assume that it would be possible.

09-08-09 01:17 PM
    I think he was just asking if you could update the 8310 firmware to 4.6 and up. I'm not sure, and I've even owned the 8310 for a good year on ATT. If its anything to you, its possible to get this os on the 8350i, my current device; so I could only assume that it would be possible.

Please don't listen to this ... it is not only NOT possible, it WILL brick your phone. You can install OS's for your phone from another carrier (if you delete the vendor.xml file), but you can not install OS's from other models into your phone without a brick.

You can, however, find a hybrid that someone has put together. A hybrid often includes some files from other higher OS's without replacing necessary phone files that will cause a brick.
    Last edited by lissa5168; 09-08-09 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Added something
    09-08-09 02:55 PM
    Please don't listen to this ... it is not only NOT possible, it WILL brick your phone. You can install OS's for your phone from another carrier (if you delete the vendor.xml file), but you can not install OS's from other models into your phone without a brick.

You can, however, find a hybrid that someone has put together. A hybrid often includes some files from other higher OS's without replacing necessary phone files that will cause a brick.
    Thanks for all your answers.

When you say brick your phone. Does that mean kill it so its never usable, or its just dead but able to be restored with pervious backups.

Where can I find a hybrid copy of this os?
    09-08-09 04:04 PM
    I have a Verizon 8330 and I downloaded the Curve 8900 Replica Theme in Crackberry's Themes Gallery.

Now my old school BB has the look of a new school BB - I'm very happy with it!
    10-13-09 10:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD