Dear all,

i bought bb8900 last month, according to BB desktop software BB maps are installed but when i goto option -> advance option -> maps nothing is there.

i am trying to load blackberry maps so that i can use builtin GPS receiver to get directions of interest.

Please advice.

Carrier - Etisalat (UAE)

Thanks
    wj
    08-11-09 02:50 AM
    Go to Options, Advanced Options, Applications. Blackberry Maps should be in the list in alphabetical order near the top.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 03:04 AM
    ive got a similar prob. i bought a 8900. and it says i have BB maps installed in my application list. but ive looked everywhere on my phone and cannot find it. i had it on my 8310 and loved it because it would tell you your speed. otherwise i use google maps.
    08-29-09 05:26 PM
    ive got a similar prob. i bought a 8900. and it says i have BB maps installed in my application list. but ive looked everywhere on my phone and cannot find it. i had it on my 8310 and loved it because it would tell you your speed. otherwise i use google maps.
    You won't be able to get it, since you are on AT&T, and they disable it. You will have to use Google Maps, pay $10 a month for AT&T Navigator, or use some other 3rd party app.

I do not know about the OP's carrier, so I cannot say if he would be able to get BB Maps or not.
    08-29-09 05:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD