hey crackberry users =) I'm on Rogers in Canada, and I do not have caller ID subscribed, but aint i supposed to see who calls me if i have added them in my contacts list?
    09-04-09 01:30 PM
    I thought caller ID came automatically with any plan...anyways I thought it would show up if you had them as a contact!
    09-04-09 01:36 PM
    well i thought that it would show up automatically too =/ but guess not
    09-04-09 01:38 PM
    No - if you don't subscribe to caller id then it will not show who's calling. It doesn't matter if they're in your contacts or not. It was the same when I was w/Bell too.
    09-04-09 01:39 PM
    ohhh i seee. thats weird =S because for fido, if you add your contacts in your phone they show up when they call.
    09-04-09 01:41 PM
    Yeah - Rogers does nothing for free . Get used to it!!

Let me know if you have any more questions about them though - I'll see if I can help you out.
    09-04-09 01:43 PM
    ooo thanks =) LOL the UMA thing, if your connected to wifi and have not subcribed to a talkspot plan do you get charged or no? and how do you check how much data you have used? and if your at home with wifi when browsing and IMing do you get charged by the data or free with wifi? and does IM count as messages? or data? LOL im sorry i like to ask questions =P thanks in return XD
    09-04-09 02:02 PM
    Wow - who knew that I was opening Pandora's box w/that offer !

Okay this is from another thread but it should help you understand UMA a little better.

I think you also may not be fully understanding how UMA works so here is some more information on that. If your cousin gets a UMA device in the UK and also with a UK carrier then the UMA will work however calls made to the US will still count as International Roaming. UMA does allow you to call for free while you are roaming but those calls need to be to a number within your home calling area. Conversely, if you call her UK phone number from your phone here in the US (using UMA or not) those calls will count as International Roaming calls. The only way you will be able to talk with her for free is if she gets an 8900 from T-mobile USA, pays for service from T-mobile USA and then connects via UMA for calls back to the USA.
    WiFi is free. IM'g if your talking about MSN messenger or anything like it is free if you're connected to your WiFi, if not it counts towards data. BBM uses data only but it's not a lot so I wouldn't worry about it.

Not sure how you check data usage - I believe that you can log onto a Rogers mobile site to confirm your usage. If I find out where I will post back. However, Rogers does send a text msg when you've reached approx. 80% of your mthly data usage.

Hopefully that answers your questions!
    09-04-09 02:55 PM
    Here is how to check your Rogers acct from your phone for all usage.

1. On your bb, go to rogers.mobi Login (although works for any phone!)
    2. Click on "More" under "My account"
    You can view (up to 4 hours prior - almost realtime!):
    - airtime usage
    - data usage
    - text messaging usage
    - picture/video messaging usage
    09-04-09 02:57 PM
    hey thanks =) appreciate your help!
    09-04-09 03:03 PM
    No problem.

One thing I would recommend as you're getting to know your phone - read the threads around this forum. There is a wealth of knowledge contained here. I've picked up tons of stuff by going into different threads just out of curiosity's sake.

Good luck & enjoy your phone. I really love mine!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 03:28 PM
    Sweet! I contributed to a thread without even posting in it (until now)!

Thanks Mel!
    09-04-09 05:04 PM
    No prob! You've helped me out plenty of times - just thought I'd pass your wisdom on Sensi

09-04-09 05:13 PM
    No prob! You've helped me out plenty of times - just thought I'd pass your wisdom on Sensi

LOL, well thanks! I've definitely been called worse ... even here in the forums!
    09-04-09 05:28 PM
    Hey Sensi is a sign of respect from student to teacher!! So definitely should be taken as a compliment !

09-04-09 05:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD