Hi there. My dog got to my blackberry 8530 and by the time he was done there was a bunch of lines running across the screen. It was still usable however.

Well I figured the LCD Screen needed to be replaced, so I picked up a new one. I went to replace it, and the new one showed only pure white.

I put the old one back in , and now i can only see about 20% of the screen all the way on the left side. From that point and over, its all white.

It does boot up, and I can make calls, etc. Just can't see the screen.

I see a "white screen fix" involving the Blackberry software, but I'm not sure if that applies only to phones that aren't booting?

any suggestions? maybe theres something special about the connection between the screen and the board that I'm doing incorrectly??

Any help would be appreciated.
    08-28-10 01:42 PM
    By the way, when I hook up the phone to the computer, it does detect. So i'm not sure if that helps.
    08-28-10 01:43 PM
    alright i'm doing some reading, and it seems theres several versions of the LCD screen. The one i bought was 005/004... which appears not to be compatible?? Any idea how to identify the version of the one i have? I can't seem to find it on the screen
    08-28-10 01:56 PM
    wow crap. i found it, on the back. its version 007/111. I had bought 005/004. so its not working. anybody need a 005 / 004 ?
    08-28-10 02:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD