So basiclly i just bought a blackberry curve 8520 and i got it unlocked and everything..I have a pay as you go orange sim card in that phone..it has a full signal and everythin i even runned a Diagnosed tes :

Heres the result :
    Radio Data Activation : No
    Signal Level : Uknown
    Radio Acces : Uknown
    Network : Uknown
    IP address : uknown
    ICMP Ping echo : No_

And also the OS version is : v4.6.1.314

ive tried everything like removing sim for 30 sec , Updating the BB software

Pls i need help....Do i need to buy a new sim or what???

my Sim orange right now is not on contract as it is on pay as you go ..there is no credit or wat so ever...

Pls if you can help me contact me on aim or reply to this

Aim : ReVivezz

Thanks
    09-26-10 01:07 PM
    Hi Revivezz,

I thought I'd just pop on and see if I can help after seeing your post about your PAYG Blackberry.

You may need to contact customer services at Orange in order to set your line up with a Blackberry subscription. There are usually seperate charges apart from your usual data usage in order for you to access data, Blackberry messenger and other features such as MMS.

As your calls are affected too, it may also be worthwhile asking them if the number has been deactivated. Have it been some time since your last top up? Are you able to make calls OK when the SIM is in another device? Also if you don't currently have credit then calls may not be possible unless you're attempting numbers which are usually free.

I hope this gives you a few tests to try out in the meantime

Regards, Ben
    Web Relations Team
    Vodafone UK
    09-29-10 02:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD