My new Blackberry that I got today keeps shutting off at random times. I've been updated a lot of software today for the phone; could that have something to do with it? The Auto On/Off feature is disabled, so it can't be that. Just wondering; post replies please!!!
    12-17-08 01:14 AM
    i am on my 2nd phone and both shut off and require battery pull to fix. No additional software installed. Very frustrating indeed
    01-07-09 11:40 AM
    I often find mine off. This morning it was frozen in bedside mode Getting real tired doing battery pulls all day long.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 05:17 PM
    2nd 8350i this one like the 1st has the famous text issues but it likes to take naps.
    01-08-09 11:24 PM
    Try snuggling with it and whispering sweet nothings in its speaker. It just needs to warm up to its new owner.
    01-08-09 11:33 PM
    i am on my 3rd 8350i, mine keeps shutting itself off and when it is pluged in in the morning it is off, i am really getting tired of pulling the battery out to get it started.... blackberry and nextel/sprint will have to find out what is wrong with it. in the mean time i have to pay full price for the second and third and my bill is over $1500.00, this really sucks.
    01-09-09 09:50 AM
    Mine only shut off by itself one time. I pulled out th battery and reinstalled it. No problems since then...knock on wood!
    01-09-09 11:23 AM
    I've had mine since December 17th and the only time it has shut off was when I intentionally powered it down.
    Make sure under Options, Auto On/Off is set to disabled.
    (for some other things that wouldn't "take" I had to unset the option, save settings then set the option back and save settings to get it to stick. You might want to try this.)
    Have you loaded any non-RIM software? My old 7250 never had any problems until I loaded a new non-RIM application, then it started to randomly crash and lock up.
    And, if none of that applies, maybe you have a defective device (but more than one would be surprising)
    01-09-09 11:57 AM
    MY BB is straight out of the box. I wouldn't think of adding any software to it until it works on a "regular" basis. My 1st BB had the sms issue, the 2nd the same but it randomly shuts off multiple times a day. Auto on/off are disabled. I am waiting for #3 which if it does not arrive prior to my 30 day return period I think I'll have to move on to another device. Direct connect is important to me but I cannot not devote more time and effort doing R&D for Rim and Nextel.
    01-13-09 07:56 AM
    Is it the mobile network that keeps turning off or the entire device? If it's the mobile network (ie. it says "off" in the upper right hand corner) try taking the battery out while the device is still on then take out the SIM card for 20 sec and then replace them both. It helped with my 8350i
    01-13-09 10:28 AM
    have the same problem with the shutting down at random times, always needing a battery pull to reboot. some of the time i find the mobile network needs to be turned back on and the rest of the time it just powers up. this issue oly started happening 2 weeks after owning it trouble free. never had the text issues that others are having (thankfully) a friend of mine purchased his a few days before me and is on his 2nd 8350i and cant send or receive on both! very unhappy!
    01-13-09 01:43 PM
    Are we talking about shutting down or restarting/resetting. I have 24 8350i units we received Wednesday and the first two opened will reset/restart themselves randomly and frequently.

This happens at different times, once when sitting on my desk untouched. It has happened when dialing a number, entering password to unlock, opening emails, closing emails, scrolling .... regardless of battery charge or if it is on the charger or not.

I need to decide if I must ship them all back and look at iPhones again or what. We use DC heavily. AT&T's PTT service seemed fine.
    01-24-09 08:32 PM
    Have had mine shut off a few times, at least twice overnight while plugged in.

Very frustrating having to do battery pulls & having to check all day long to make sure it's still on.

What a buggy product.
    01-24-09 08:39 PM
    Just went through my emails for the day counting the Registration emails ... twelve (12) times it has reset itself today. Most, when I am trying to use it. As it takes several minutes for it to complete the process, this is very anoying. Like I mentioned in the previous post, of the 24 units received Wednesday, the first two are doing this. I put my VP in one (a third) yesterday afternoon and have not heard from him yet. That could be good or bad ... I sent him a message an hour or so ago and have not heard from him. Perhaps his just shut down and stayed off. At least mine comes back up by itself. Just have to wait.
    01-24-09 08:57 PM
    Mine just did this for the first time five min. Ago.
    I was surfing the web connected to wifi,
    and auto on off is disabled. Specifically I was reading about the Van allen
    Radiation belts. Maybe it was bored.
    Mine booted right back up though. Sometimes I get txt
    Sometimes not, I might shove this thing up Sprints ***
    This is not cool.

01-26-09 10:06 PM
    I moved into a third unit this afternoon and so far, no resets. My VP had no problems so far in his first for three days. We aren't doing any texting.
    01-26-09 10:12 PM
    Mine started shutting off during the day in the last week, and battery pull to get it going again. Even if I didn't have Auto-Off disabled, it's starting to happen more often and within the "on" hours. I just did a hard reset 10 minutes ago.

It was fine, I've had it since the middle of December. Why would this SUDDENLY become an issue?
    02-04-09 03:09 PM
    Mine did it for the first time yesterday. It did it while working and I didn't notice it until I went to use it. Had to do a battery pull, and I have the Otterbox for it. You think just pulling the battery is a pain, try taking that thing on and off.
    02-04-09 04:28 PM
    Is there a solution for this??
    02-26-09 09:14 AM
    just get a new one, a few people at my job had this issue and they just got new ones and the problem is fixed.
    02-26-09 09:17 AM
    mine shutt it self off and restarted last night around 9:30. havnt noticed any problems with it so far other than that
    02-26-09 09:26 AM
    just get a new one, a few people at my job had this issue and they just got new ones and the problem is fixed.
    The problem is that I bought it on ebay...
    02-26-09 09:30 AM
    Can it be software realted??

Im running App Version 4.6.1.128(225) Platform 3.0.0.62

Havent update nothing just open the box and thats what it has...
    02-26-09 09:47 AM
    The newest version of software has corrected this problem for me.
    02-26-09 10:14 AM
    The newest version of software has corrected this problem for me.
    Which one?

Cuz I went into blackberry site and it says im running latest software that no updates are available to download.
    Last edited by fco_cantu; 02-26-09 at 10:49 AM.
    02-26-09 10:43 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD