Hi Guys,

I am trying to get into the blackberry game and wanted to know if the following is possible.

I am interested in getting the following unlocked blackberry phone:
    Amazon.com: Blackberry Gemini 8520 White Unlocked Cell Phone with 2 MP Camera, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi--International Version with No Warranty (White): Cell Phones & Accessories

However the only way that I would get that phone would be if it is possible to use it under virgin mobiles pay as you go plan listed below:
    Cell Phone Plans - Pay As You Go and Prepaid | Virgin Mobile

Is this at all possible and if so, is it easy to do? I really want a blackberry with Virgin mobile but I do not want the blackberry curve black that everyone already has.

thank you ahead of time to whoever response.
    03-14-11 11:04 PM
    No, because the model you want to purchase is a 8520, which is GSM.
    Virgin Mobile US is CDMA, therefor it won't work.
    Stillatin144 likes this.
    03-14-11 11:11 PM
    No, because the model you want to purchase is a 8520, which is GSM.
    Virgin Mobile US is CDMA, therefor it won't work.
    Thank you for the quick reply.

Do you have any suggestions on a white blackberry that may work under that plan or will I just be stuck with a black blackberry 5320 with virgin Mobile?

Am I able to change the face plate of a blackberry if it comes down to it?
    03-14-11 11:16 PM
    Thank you for the quick reply.

Do you have any suggestions on a white blackberry that may work under that plan or will I just be stuck with a black blackberry 5320 with virgin Mobile?

Am I able to change the face plate of a blackberry if it comes down to it?

You probably won't be able to find a white Curve 8530.
    I'm not really too educated on housing, and how you change it but I do know you can purchase a new housing set for an 8530. You just need to find the correct/trusted dealer.
    Stillatin144 likes this.
    03-14-11 11:50 PM
    You probably won't be able to find a white Curve 8530.
    I'm not really too educated on housing, and how you change it but I do know you can purchase a new housing set for an 8530. You just need to find the correct/trusted dealer.
    Do you have any suggestions on where I would be able to get a white housing for the blackberry curve?

Thank you ahead of time...
    03-15-11 11:04 PM
    Do you have any suggestions on where I would be able to get a white housing for the blackberry curve?

Thank you ahead of time...
    Idk if i can post direct links here so just google "white housing for blackberry 8530" without the quotation marks and you should get plenty of results on where to get one.
    I never thought of this, i might get one myself, i have the virgin mobile blackberry as well.
    03-16-11 01:02 AM
    Ebay will be your best bet.
    03-16-11 10:00 AM
    You can also put a white 9300 housing on it.
    03-16-11 10:49 AM
    Thank you guys,
    I will get the blackberry and the casing this Friday with my next check.
    Thank you for the help.
    03-21-11 02:34 PM
    check ur area to see if they have Cricket Communications. They just recently got the Blackberry curve 8530 and you can buy it for 150$ online! i didnt pay the reg price of 299$ for mine. and Cricket is a month to month almost like a pay as you go. 55$/mon and you get unlimited EVERYTHING!
    03-22-11 10:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD