Does anybody know of a black trackball that lights up? I thought they didn't light up but someone told me they do. So now I'm majorly confused. Any help?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 11:06 PM
    Hmmm I haven't seen or heard of any black ones that light up. I have seen other colors like red, yellow, etc. that did light up.
    05-05-09 11:14 PM
    my black trackball has a faint purple hue when im in a dark room and the trackball backlight is on.. but black trackballs dont light up.. light kinda comes from around them when you are using it..
    05-05-09 11:18 PM
    I don't see how a black trackball can light up. Doesn't make sense to me

05-06-09 01:38 AM
    The black trackballs that are on the market do not light up. Like sofakingkev said, you may get some light from behind it or in a dark room.
    05-06-09 02:10 AM
    Yeah thats what i thought but when i asked about red trackballs yesterday someone told me that black ones lit up too. I didnt think so but wanted to be sure. Thanks
    05-06-09 06:49 AM
    I have actually seen a black one that I was told would illuminate, but at that point, I was thinking it will just look like a dark purple. And really, do you need the trackball to illuminate? If you dont know where it is, maybe you dont need to use a blackberry
    05-06-09 06:51 AM
    I think the only way to get a black trackball to "light up" would be you actually dying it. I think the ones that you order at black all throughout the ball. But you could try dying it and see if that works. More than likely you would have to make it a gray color for the light to be be able to shine through.
    05-06-09 07:32 AM
    Once you dye it black you are going to get that purple light like they said. I kept trying different brands...liquid and powder because I wanted a black one that lit up grey and not purple Don't try using different kinds you will only get black that lights up purple, mainly when you tilt it to the left because that's where the led is, and black black depending on how long it was in the dye. It was a lot of wasted time I hate putting that trackball back together.

05-06-09 09:32 AM
    Well then another solution would be get a little piece of tape(yes this is ghetto but would work) and use a black sharpie to color it and tape it over your light on the inside of the curve.
    05-06-09 09:36 AM
    Do you forget where your trackball is in the dark?

I was wondering the same before I ordered my black trackball, but realized that I don't think I have ever looked down at my phone to find the trackball... My thumb always finds it
    05-06-09 10:04 AM
    Do you forget where your trackball is in the dark?

I was wondering the same before I ordered my black trackball, but realized that I don't think I have ever looked down at my phone to find the trackball... My thumb always finds it
    HAHA best post in the whole thread!
    05-06-09 10:07 AM
    I have the black trackball from cnn, and it does not light up. I thought that I might not like it, but it looks so cool, especially at night. Like mentioned above, my thumb knows exactly where it is.
    05-06-09 03:15 PM
    Been looking to get one of these, how easy is it to replace? And, as others have mentioned, I feel that it wouldn't light up considering the color. Off note; how does the red trackball look illuminated?
    05-06-09 03:21 PM
    Been looking to get one of these, how easy is it to replace? And, as others have mentioned, I feel that it wouldn't light up considering the color. Off note; how does the red trackball look illuminated?
    They are very easy to replace. You just pop off the outer ring, flip your berry upside down and the trackball housing should fall right out. Then you just place the new one in and replace the outer ring.

The black one does not light up. The red ones look kind of orangeish when they are lit up but it might depend on where you have gotten it from.

This is mine from cnn.cn

05-06-09 03:26 PM
    They are very easy to replace. You just pop off the outer ring, flip your berry upside down and the trackball housing should fall right out. Then you just place the new one in and replace the outer ring.

The black one does not light up. The red ones look kind of orangeish when they are lit up but it might depend on where you have gotten it from.

This is mine from cnn.cn

Thank you. And, wow, that looks really nice. I also have a red Curve and been having trouble deciding between the black or the red.
    05-06-09 03:33 PM
    Thank you. And, wow, that looks really nice. I also have a red Curve and been having trouble deciding between the black or the red.
    I actually like how both look. The only problem I have with my black one is that the ring around it is white and not black also.

05-06-09 03:39 PM
    I actually like how both look. The only problem I have with my black one is that the ring around it is white and not black also.

I like them both too, I just can't decide between the two. Maybe i will just have to get both.
    05-06-09 03:44 PM

I have an all black G1 trackball I ordered from Cellular Accessories - Motorola, Mobiado, 3G, NEC, SonyEricsson, Sony, Acer, BenQ-Siemens, Accessories , I orderd another one under the infamous name "Atomic Trackball" and it had the white ring around it...
    05-06-09 03:48 PM
    You can dye the white ring black, or just color it with a black sharpie, since it isn't an area subjected to wear and finger oils like your trackball.
    05-06-09 03:53 PM
    I have an all black G1 trackball I ordered from Cellular Accessories - Motorola, Mobiado, 3G, NEC, SonyEricsson, Sony, Acer, BenQ-Siemens, Accessories , I orderd another one under the infamous name "Atomic Trackball" and it had the white ring around it...
    I actually just received three of those thanks to a mistake on cnn.cn's behalf. I'm keeping the red one in for now - until it starts to get dirty and not work properly - and then I'll switch back to a black one.
    05-06-09 04:12 PM
    I have heard of cnn getting batches of faulty trackballs. I didn't get a faulty one, I swear it works better than the OEM.
    05-06-09 04:48 PM
    I swear it works better than the OEM.

I thought the same thing when I first installed the black G1 trackball, it still works like a charm...
    05-06-09 04:51 PM
    If you don't want to buy a new trackball, you can always put a piece of colored tape under the trackball. You can have any color you want on tap! If you have the right markers...

05-06-09 05:03 PM
    i know this thread is a bit old but i just wanted to say i have a black track ball that lights up!
    08-07-09 11:06 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD