ok i've been getting free internet on my bb 8320 for a couple of months now and i have been checking the bill and still no charges. now here is the funny thing

1. when i go to T-zones and click on the web settings it says that i have to subscribe to access the web, and when i downloaded opera mini i checked the forums here at crackberry and set the proper APN settings to the voicestream thing but when the i tried to load opera mini it said no internet connection

2. so i tried tethering it to my laptop and again the settings called for the voicestream APN setting and it did not work

Now here is the funny part i can go to the blackberry browser and that works perfectly, and i use jivetalk and when i go to preferences it says i can connect through TCP and BIS so i just select BIS and it works but when i select TCP it does not work

this is the same with the internet browser when i go to settings>Advanced Options>Browser>Browser Configuration i have 3 options Internet Browser, T-Zones, and Wi-Fi Browser before it was set to Wi-Fi so i set it to Internet Browser and i could surf the web but when i set it to T-Zones i cant surf the web

Now here is my question sorry its such a long explanation but is there some kind of setting for tethering or the APN setting for the BIS/Internet Browser address because it seems like whenever my phone tries to connect through the internet through T-Mobile it wont let it but if its through this mysterious BIS/Internet Browser then i get internet

any ideas? oh and i'm new to CB and i'm Loving it so far!!!
    04-16-08 12:56 AM
    Are you absolutely certain that JiveTalk and the BB browser aren't connecting through wifi? That would best explain your situation. The latest version of JiveTalk is capable of connecting through a wifi connection. Opera Mini, and any other app (besides BB browser of course) cannot connect over wifi.
    04-16-08 01:27 AM
    yup i am absolutely certain because i made sure the wifi is off and usually when i'm surfing the net is when i'm on a bus or somewhere where there isn't wifi so yeah i have no idea
    04-16-08 01:30 AM
    Go to manage connections > Services Status. Look to see what is says for BlackBerry Internet Service Connection and for Mobile Network.
    04-16-08 01:52 AM
    lol looks like my internet JUST stopped working i guess T-mobile finally caught on oh well it was fun while it lasted thanks for your help tho!
    04-16-08 02:00 AM
    EXACTLY What you say happened to me with my new 8900, Free internet ALL the time. Positive there was NO charge- But randomly i think there was maintenance going on or something and its gone now- Do you remember what setting you had on the phone to put it back? ive read there are just settings you need to put in bc blackberrys always have internet regardless :P
    06-22-09 12:10 AM
    i want to use BIS PLan on tethering not to avoid data charges, but to access blocked site here in AE,
    08-18-09 04:42 AM
    Hello my mobile is blackberry 8520 is not open browser internat what ?
    10-20-13 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD