Is it me or why isn't anyone talking about HandBrake? Free program and it works without a hitch! It is amazing. It let's you select file output size and what type of file it converts to. Give it a try you won't be sorry. Oh yea if you have movies already on the hard drive you can load them into the que and walk away.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    HANDBRAKE BLOWS HUGE CHUNKS... PUTS THE FILE IN A TOTALLY UNUSABLE FORMAT. I JUST WASTED TWO HOURS
    03-30-09 03:32 PM
    Videora is the way to go!

Its free and they keep it up to date.

So far the best.
    04-01-09 04:13 PM
    Silver,
    As for getting your DVD's to play on yout BB, I purchased DVD to GO, a converter for DVD to BB(specifically) for a train trip I recently took. It takes some time to convert them but well worth the wait. I put three movies on my card and had tons of room left for pics and such.
    Hope this helps. Worth the 20 bucks.
    05-12-09 01:55 PM
    will this also work on BB Curve 8310
    05-14-09 12:33 PM

Scroll down for the free version.
    Where is the free version? I downloaded it but it only saves the first 4 minutes for review.
    05-17-09 01:43 PM
    Anyone interested can check out the method in my signature below. Should work fine for any curve or pearl. Totally free software.
    05-18-09 01:08 PM
    I just downloaded the Any DVD converter trial version and can only convert 3MB per video without having to purchase a full version.

Is this normal? Or does anyone have a full conversion license or crack for sharing?

Or will I need to dish out the full $39.95 to utilize converting the entire file?

Anyone have a clue?
    06-11-09 03:40 PM
    HANDBRAKE BLOWS HUGE CHUNKS... PUTS THE FILE IN A TOTALLY UNUSABLE FORMAT. I JUST WASTED TWO HOURS
    Handbrake works great when you know the correct settings. I too spent a couple hours figuring it out but here is the correct format and it has worked everytime.

Format: MP4
    Width: 320
    Video Codec: Mpeg4 FFmpeg
    Framerate: 15
    Avg Bitrate: 1500
    Audio Codec: AAC
    Mixdown: Stereo

Let me know if you have issues with this. I have found the quality and no lag between picture and audio to work with these settings. Most of the props go to the Blackberry video guide but I did have to modify some settings like Framerate and the codec.

Ultimate HQ Blackberry video converting guide

Quack
    Last edited by ndlquack; 06-11-09 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Adding a link
    06-11-09 04:18 PM
    I just downloaded the Any DVD converter trial version and can only convert 3MB per video without having to purchase a full version.

Is this normal? Or does anyone have a full conversion license or crack for sharing?

Or will I need to dish out the full $39.95 to utilize converting the entire file?

Anyone have a clue?
    Unfortunately, yes you need to pay full price to convert the entire file. 3min for trial version at least this is what I got when I bought one after messing with trial version.

I think that there is other free one out there that is of great quality and will certainly do the converting job.
    06-11-09 04:28 PM
    If you run mac os, you can try Video to BlackBerry Converter for Mac, it can help you put your favorite videos to blackberry on Mac easily. It can help you to convert popular videos to BlackBerry on Mac. You can even capture any parts from your movies. This Program supports the BlackBerry Storm 9530, BlackBerry Curve, Blacberry Bold, BlackBerry 8700G. Following is a step by step guide:
    http://www.flash-video-soft.com/blog/?p=158
    If you run Windows Vista or XP, I thiink visual hub is a good choice
    06-24-09 05:00 AM
    I use Daniusoft DVD to Blackberry converter, it works flawless for me.
    06-29-09 02:22 AM
    I use QUICKMEDIACONVERTER. I just run the preset "Video Mobile: 3g2: 320x240" for my curve 83x0. It's freeware, and you can punch in a whole list of files to convert. It works extremely well, and it ALWAYS WORKS using this preset, which also looks great.

-Stephen
    07-02-09 12:08 PM
    The "Any Video Converter" is the truth ! I just downloaded the free version and it works like butter baby !

Thanks a bunch !
    08-02-09 12:43 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD