Hello everyone! I'm thinking of buying a best skins ever for my Curve (8330). I am little nervous about the whole water on my phone application process. My question is has anyone ever damaged there phone while trying to apply the skin?
    09-21-08 11:34 PM
    Never heard of anybody having water damage. It is a simple process!
    09-21-08 11:38 PM
    I have a BSE on 2 BB's one Moto (wifes) and and an Sansa MP3
    player and have not had any water damage to any of them.

Follow the instructions and you will be happy with the results
    09-21-08 11:39 PM
    from what i hear bse skins are tha bomb. maybe i should look into one of those
    09-22-08 12:04 AM
    Very easy to install. Not a fan of the way it felt, or the way it peeled back when I used a clip (plastic Seidio holster).
    Last edited by SK1; 09-22-08 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Typo
    09-22-08 12:07 AM
    I have it applied to my phone and love it. It performs as good if not better than the invisible shield I have on my ipod. The best part is, it costs a fraction of the price. Compared to is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-08 12:21 AM
    I have one on my pearl, its been on it for about 6 months and still holding up well. Of course I also have an otter box too

Cheers
    09-22-08 02:15 AM
    Thanks for the help! Looks like i'll be ordering a BSE. Hopefully I don't mess it up. Trust me if there is one person that can mess it up its me haha. Wish me luck!!
    09-22-08 02:57 AM
    I put it on my 8330 after I scratched it. Can't see the scratch a amazing product bse is!

09-22-08 03:05 AM
    i mean do they fit good with the seidio super slim rubberized case?
    09-22-08 03:10 AM
    I was thinking of going with the BSE skin as well (i currently just have the rubber formfit case thing on it, got annoyed at the leather pouch), but it doesnt cover the black portion, i'm have major OCD about the condition of my devices (my mogul is 1 year old and looks brand new, minus the missing sprint logo, which was on purpose, stupid branding). Anyway, what can i use to cover that up so it doesnt get scratched (i have a elcheapo walmart screen protector that doesnt stay on too well)?

edit: just noticed i can order a screen skin from bse as well, does the bse body skin come with a screen skin and just not covers the black portion?
    09-22-08 03:15 AM
    i usually go to target -and get i think its cyclone screen protectors for the psp they have 2 sides that you peel off making application easier and they are super thick and stay on better then any cling ive seen, just make a pattern or use a vis a vis and trace over your screen dimensions. i usually use it in conjunction with a seidio rubberized hard case which is selling for round 15 bucks on ebay instead of like 30 bucks from the actual website....still fits nicely in the pocket and everything!

Last edited by sin1134; 09-22-08 at 04:48 AM.
    09-22-08 04:45 AM
    or the way it peeled back when I used a clip (plastic Seidio holster).
    Me either. I had to take an Xacto knife and cut where the clip was.

If you use a clip holster like the Seido you should prolly measure where the skin is going to sit and cut out the area where the clip will be before installation.

I did this. Very easy. Get some rubbing alcohol, a small thing of baby shampoo, some latex gloves, and some cotton balls or cotton pads.

Put on your latex gloves and then take the cotton balls\pads and the alcohol and lightly apply the alcohol on the phone surfaces. This will remove all dust, grease, and oils to really let the BSE stick well. It also cleans off any smudges and what not so that after the install it will look really good.
    09-22-08 06:51 AM
    i use a BSE on my screen. i have a silicone case on as well. This keeps dust and lint from getting under the edges of the BSE.
    i applied mine in a steamy bathroom and have no dust under the screen. Worked well!

Here's a great thread that helped me:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f77/my-...utorial-44859/

09-22-08 07:02 AM
    I have applied a BSE to my 8320 without a problem. I will be applying a new one within a week or two when I get my new keyboard and trackball .
    09-22-08 07:05 AM
    ...I could be one of the dumbest people around....

The "black part" that doesnt get covered by BSE isn't the front screen area, is it...it's the side "rails"?
    09-22-08 06:59 PM
    i use a BSE on my screen. i have a silicone case on as well.
    Funny.... I have the full BSE shield plus the silicon cover. I thought I was the only one that picky about protecting my curve

The "black part" that doesnt get covered by BSE isn't the front screen area, is it...it's the side "rails"?
    That is correct. The sides (on the 8330) are black rubber like material which is not very prone to wear.
    09-24-08 10:32 PM
    ***nvm retracting my question.
    Last edited by JESTERx626; 09-24-08 at 10:38 PM.
    09-24-08 10:36 PM
    When you guys purchase the bse skin, do you guys get screen skin only or the entire body?
    I went with the full body... to me it does not make sense to protect just the screen. Spend the extra couple bucks. The back of the curve scuffs up pretty quick unless you have some sort of cover on it.

I have had the Zagg invisibleSHIELD (Screen only) and now the BSE full skin. For the money the BSE is by far a much better deal. I would say the invisibleSHIELD is slightly better quality but IMO not enough to justify the 5X higher price.

I went with the invisibleSHIELD first becasue of the lifetime warranty but when I tried to get it replaced they wanted me to pay $4.00 to have them ship out a new one plus I had to ship the old one back. So instead of spending money to get a new screen only cover I spent an extra couple bucks to get the BSE full skin and I am very very happy with that choice.

Hope that helps.
    09-24-08 10:45 PM
    This tutorial by CB member TheSultan is definitely a must read

http://forums.crackberry.com/f77/my-...t=bse+tutorial
    09-24-08 10:53 PM
    Ok so I ordered my BSE on Monday and it came today. Pretty fast shipping! Anyway I put it on my phone earlier and I must say it was as bad as I thought it would be. I was nervous but everything went smooth. No regrets at all I recommend a BSE to anyone! Thanks for everyone's help!
    09-24-08 11:42 PM
    I just read that whole thread, thats a very good pictorial on how to apply your BSE. Make sure to say thanks to thesultan! =)
    09-25-08 12:30 AM
    i usually go to target -and get i think its cyclone screen protectors for the psp they have 2 sides that you peel off making application easier and they are super thick and stay on better then any cling ive seen, just make a pattern or use a vis a vis and trace over your screen dimensions. i usually use it in conjunction with a seidio rubberized hard case which is selling for round 15 bucks on ebay instead of like 30 bucks from the actual website....still fits nicely in the pocket and everything!

So you were able to get the Seidio hard soft case to fit over the skin? I had to remove my BSE for this reason, it was too tight of a fit and wouldn't snap closed. Actually ended up scratching the side of my curve in the process of trimming part of the skin once it was on, trying to get it to fit inside of the case. Luckily, I had to exchange that curve due to some issues yesterday and was still within my 1st month of having it with VZW, so they gave me a brand new (not refurbished) one. Guess I won't be putting a BSE on this one.
    09-25-08 12:48 AM
    I have BSE for my Curve 8330. When it was fresh it was great. As time went on the edges started to peel from removal/inserting into jeans backpocket.

The edges that peeled back were still sticky, so they collected lint. Now they dont stick back anymore.

One more issue...it doesn't cover the whole BB. The black edges are still exposed. I've dropped it a couple of times and well, to say the least, I wish it did have full coverage.

But, when it works it's great. Feels tactfully good in your hands. Good grip.

I put an order in for invisibleshield. Invisishield is 100% coverage. I hope it works better than BSE.

Hope that helps.
    09-25-08 01:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD