should be receiving my refurbished device early this week as the the 3.5mm headphone jack pooched out on me....and i am looking to put on a fresh OS.... right now i have .461 and it runs pretty good, far greater then 4.6 but it has some random lag spikes so to speak... not sure if this is common or well known but anyways... some people say .592 is the best... others say .681 for slightly better battery life... just looking for a little feedback.... thanks in advance to all that take the time.
    06-14-10 04:57 AM
    It's between .411 or the latest one

The only problem with the latest one which really is a problem for me (otherwise, hands down it would be the best) is that the LED notifier only lasts for 15 minutes then stops flashing.
    06-14-10 05:16 AM
    It's between .411 or the latest one

The only problem with the latest one which really is a problem for me (otherwise, hands down it would be the best) is that the LED notifier only lasts for 15 minutes then stops flashing.
    True . . it does stop flashing after a while. But if that does not bother you, go for the .681 or .509.

Mind you, that with the .509, .592 and the .681 when you press the lock key it doesn't password lock, it just locks it and puts the BB into standby. You can set one of the convenience keys to open password lock though.

.411 on the other hand does lock with a password and when you press and hold the mute button ( top right ) it puts it into standby
    06-14-10 07:42 AM
    ...with the .509, .592 and the .681 when you press the lock key it doesn't password lock, it just locks it and puts the BB into standby.
    hey, ahmed, was happy/excited to see this tip. tried it, however, and am having spotty results. the lock key does work for a while (minutes). then it unlocks on it's own. if my experience is not unique, this may require some work.
    06-15-10 09:09 PM
    Well if u want the phone to lock then just set a timer.... I don't ever press the lock button but it locks just fine for me.... But as far as battery life I am impressed so far, I am a very high user of my bb so I noticed it lasts longer, normally by end of day I'm at like 70% battery life after using the browser or texting A LOT... Today I'm still sitting at 90% and its almost 8pm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-10 09:47 PM
    I dl .592 the other day and its good. The only problem that is bothering me is the ringtones. The volume seems really low, and twice I've had to do batt pulls because they stop working all together.
    06-15-10 10:36 PM
    681 is working without any issues.

As ever. If you treat a phone like it's worth its retail price, it'll serve you well.
    06-16-10 12:07 AM
    681 is working without any issues.

As ever. If you treat a phone like it's worth its retail price, it'll serve you well.
    I've been treating it like my Baby from day 1 . . and it is serving me well
    06-16-10 06:31 AM
    In my opinion .681 is the best official.
    The batterylife is best so far and its very stabil.
    06-16-10 01:45 PM
    .681 seems to be working very well for me. *Thanks* to Ahmed G. And his previous post, I got thru the installation which was a little trickier then other O/S updates have been.

06-16-10 05:44 PM
    .681 seems to be working very well for me. *Thanks* to Ahmed G. And his previous post, I got thru the installation which was a little trickier then other O/S updates have been.
    you're welcome !
    06-16-10 05:54 PM
    i appreciate the feedback ladies and gents... i had that lock issue on .461 and it doesnt phase me as i use the sleeve quite often. hopefully i have no issues as many of you have mentioned... thanks
    06-17-10 12:43 AM
    The only thing I don't like about 681 is that it got rid of standby. I'd like to see the arbitrary reasoning behind that.
    06-17-10 11:58 AM
    Is anyone who is running 681 having a problem with peek-a-boo? It is only taking one pic and it is turning on the flash. Bout to get me busted SMH!

06-19-10 08:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD