Hi all,

I'm a proud new owner of a 8310 Curve and a new member of CB!

I've searched around the forum but couldn't find the answers I was looking for so here goes...

So I picked up the Curve and signed up for the BES Corporate Plan so I can get my company emails. So before doing so, right now I'm enjoying my unlimited EDGE web browsing going through RIM's infrastructure.

From what I understand, if I get setup on my corporate BES, not only will I get my company emails, my web browsing will now also go through BES and thus go through my companies web proxies. If this is the case, is there a way to change my web browsing back to RIM's network while still getting my company emails through BES?

Thanks.
    11-07-07 12:47 PM
    As far as I know, it will only go through BES now. But, you should have another browser for your carrier, no? Then again, that one would probably take you to your online account, bill pay, etc, etc...
    11-07-07 01:14 PM
    That does give me an idea though...I wonder if installing any of the third party browsers would allow me to plug in a proxy that goes out through RIM's network. Is there a way to check what my current web proxy is set to now?

I'll have to do more research on this topic, I'll hate to get setup on BES and have some of my browsing restricted.
    11-07-07 08:13 PM
    Install Opera Mini!
    11-07-07 08:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD