So I bought an 8900 today and I started to DL all my apps (FB, UT, BJ etc..) then I said F it and let me try out 5.0 again maybe facebook will work now w.e. I get it dosnt work, when I tried to downgrade thru app loader as I did with my Bold this came up

"A newer version of the Application Loader is required to load the system software on this device [A:0x0000000B]"

so w.e I tried a couple more times no luck. I then tried doin it thru desktop manager, once I clicked option it froze and closed. So i deleted it and tried to download Desktop manager 4.7 I keep getting

"installation interrupted........."

Idk what to do any more, I deleted all the os on my comp and only had 4.6.1.xxx, I really don't know what to do I even tried to brick it and nothing, Crack Mem but still nothing and i tried to download the JDL and i couldnt get past unzipping in and opening.

Please some one help I know its late one of you west coast cats please.
    08-06-09 02:46 AM
    Can I help you if I'm on central time?

I definitely recommend that you use Desktop Manager 4.6. Definitely avoid OS 5.0 (you were just fine with the OS you had already) and try to go back to the official OS that AT&T is using.

I think you are in way over your head but, at this point, I would recommend using the Upgrade/Downgrade procedure link in my signature to get back to the official AT&T OS. I recommend that you use the Advanced Procedure. Take your time and read every step in the process. Good Luck.
    08-06-09 02:59 AM
    I cant download a desktop manager, like everytime i try i get interupted service blah blah blah... and in my program list desktop manager 5.0 is still there but has no memory its just there but when i try to get rid of it but it wont allow me to..
    08-06-09 03:07 AM
    I cant download a desktop manager, like everytime i try i get interupted service blah blah blah... and in my program list desktop manager 5.0 is still there but has no memory its just there but when i try to get rid of it but it wont allow me to..
    Remove desktop manager and install Desktop Manager 4.6 ... keep trying.
    08-06-09 03:15 AM
    Remove desktop manager and install Desktop Manager 4.6 ... keep trying.
    Im having the same problem- Its the install wizard it says the install was interupted, and closes it self out, You cant upgrade or downgrade. I tried going to the control panel and fixing it and it wont let me. Tried uploading the disk that i was given with the 9000 and nothiing works either!
    08-06-09 03:20 AM
    Reboot your computer then try to install/uninstall again.
    08-06-09 03:22 AM
    Yea, thats what I just tried, I'm given up for tonight I just put my sim back in my bold n changed my account back to that phone. I'm going to try tomorrow on a different comp see what happens. If any one else has any ideas please let me know and Aristile thank you
    08-06-09 03:25 AM
    Im having the same problem- Its the install wizard it says the install was interupted, and closes it self out, You cant upgrade or downgrade. I tried going to the control panel and fixing it and it wont let me. Tried uploading the disk that i was given with the 9000 and nothiing works either!
    Okay so I fixed it, I started today with a different comp that has never had any blackberry software installed. I installed Desktop manager 5.0 from the blackberry wesite, after installed the os straight from ATT. And that fixed my problems everything was back to 4.6.1.231 =). Now to fix my laptop I'm going to delete every trace of blackberry on it from registry files to temp files everything and re install desktop manager, if you dont have access to a different cpu I suggest you do the same.

Now does any one know why the separate box for google wont come up on my browser when I'm on the go to page?
    08-06-09 03:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD