noob question here

what is bedside mode and what does it do/whats the point of it?
    03-05-09 08:45 PM
    Its an option in the clock that allows you to have the screen automatically dim, and not flash the LED for notifications.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 09:08 PM
    and how do you get to such an option?

Does it also put the phone in silent mode (god I would hope so)
    03-05-09 09:10 PM
    thats what i was wondering
    cuz i still hear the notification noises when i recieve an email.
    03-05-09 09:11 PM
    Go to the clock, then options, under bedside mode disable radio. This is the only way unless you manually place it in silent mode. Of course I don't have any alarm software either.

03-05-09 09:18 PM
    I leave mine on vibrate. Never hear it. Never wake up to the LED. Always awake to the alarm I have set.

03-05-09 09:20 PM
    so.... leaving it on vibrate mode wont silence the alarm?
    03-05-09 09:21 PM
    I like the bedside mode.

My only problem with that mode is when I have my 8900 lock automatically (say in 5 mins) and in bedside mode, when the lock kicks in the clock disappears and the screen goes back to my wallpaper screen (backlight still dimmed) and stays that way. The screen backlight never turns off so it will obviously consume much more batt power.

I observed this in OS .152 and .168. Any have the same experience? Thanks.
    03-05-09 09:55 PM
    i have no clue....

but i just tried that options->turn off radio thing
    ...that wasnt exactly what i was looking for, cuz i still would like to recieve calls, like incase of emergencies, but i want to stop the sound notifications when i get emails.

the only way i can think of accomplishing this is to make a whole new profile and change all the settings... this is guna be tideous....
    03-05-09 10:01 PM
    ekimnal:

Use the "Phone Only" profile. There will be no notifications except when there's an incoming call.
    03-05-09 10:04 PM
    THANK YOU

*phew*
    i thot i was guna make a new profile
    thankss

sorry for being so noob... this is my first bb, and im lovin it
    03-05-09 10:05 PM
    No prob! I'm on my first BB too.
    03-05-09 10:07 PM
    ya the lock problem is a pain in the ***..sorta defeats the point of the bedside mode ....

found a solution last nite ..wat i do just plug it in and go into the clock and enter bedside mode...then put it in standby and seems to stay in the clock mode.....give that a try guys
    Last edited by stansz; 03-06-09 at 10:38 AM. Reason: new method
    03-06-09 03:00 AM
    I like the bedside mode.

My only problem with that mode is when I have my 8900 lock automatically (say in 5 mins) and in bedside mode, when the lock kicks in the clock disappears and the screen goes back to my wallpaper screen (backlight still dimmed) and stays that way. The screen backlight never turns off so it will obviously consume much more batt power.

I observed this in OS .152 and .168. Any have the same experience? Thanks.
    My backlight and keyboard are like a bright neon sign on the nightstand LOL - the only bedside working *knock on wood* how it is supposed to is the 9000

8900 - 24AA450E - .168
    9000 - 2087095B - .234
    9530 - 304E0E26 - .109
    03-06-09 10:52 AM
    speaking of the clock, anyone find a way to change the font color on the clock?
    03-06-09 04:28 PM
    Just a follow up.

Bedside mode works the way it should when my 8900 is not charging. If it's charging, it goes bonkers.
    03-06-09 06:45 PM
    ya the lock problem is a pain in the ***..sorta defeats the point of the bedside mode ....

found a solution last nite ..wat i do just plug it in and go into the clock and enter bedside mode...then put it in standby and seems to stay in the clock mode.....give that a try guys
    My company just implemented a new BB policy and now my phone locks after a period of time, I have no choice in the matter. It will stay in bedtime mode for a period of time (displays the clock) but then it goes back to the wallpaper once it locks. Defeating the whole point of bedtime mode! I tried standby and it doesn't work. Anyone else get this to work?
    03-12-09 11:24 AM
    What i do is nearly the same, just lock the phone right before u put it on the charger that way lock mode doesn't kick in and take you off bedside. Hope that helps
    07-03-09 11:24 AM
    I just wish there was a way to silence ALL notifications when in bedside mode. I still like to know what time an email/text/IM/call was that I missed while I was sleeping but I don't want it to wake me up. Nothing like a random IM from someone on the East Coast early in the morning to start your day off on the right foot.
    07-17-09 12:34 AM
    I just wish there was a way to silence ALL notifications when in bedside mode. I still like to know what time an email/text/IM/call was that I missed while I was sleeping but I don't want it to wake me up. Nothing like a random IM from someone on the East Coast early in the morning to start your day off on the right foot.
    Create a Profile that silences everything. Emails, calls, MMS/SMS, etc.
    No sounds, no LEDs, no Vibrates.

Switch to that profile before you go to Bedside mode.

Sleep well.
    07-17-09 03:06 AM
    Create a Profile that silences everything. Emails, calls, MMS/SMS, etc.
    No sounds, no LEDs, no Vibrates.

Switch to that profile before you go to Bedside mode.

Sleep well.
    Yeah but that's just another step I have to take and then another one in the morning to put it back. I wish there was an option to have it select another profile as part of bedside mode. You would think this would be more of a popular option so that they would make it part of the mode.
    07-17-09 10:23 AM
    Yeah but that's just another step I have to take and then another one in the morning to put it back. I wish there was an option to have it select another profile as part of bedside mode. You would think this would be more of a popular option so that they would make it part of the mode.
    Ostrick, I agree and wish this was the case.
    07-31-09 10:11 PM
    don't always remenber, but I try to switch to the "quite" profile before I put the phone on the charger for bedside mode... My wife HATES my twitter updates
    07-31-09 10:28 PM
    Ostrick, I agree and wish this was the case.
    In 5.0 you can set a profile to go with bedside mode. It is then automatic when you turn bedside mode on and off!

07-31-09 10:42 PM
    In 5.0 you can set a profile to go with bedside mode. It is then automatic when you turn bedside mode on and off!

Finally, a reason for me to upgrade to 5.0 but I think I've heard too many horror stories to jump ship just yet.
    07-31-09 10:43 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD