Hi,

So, this is my 4th or 5th install of the Blackberry Desktop Manager. Every time I reinstall it, it asks me if I want to update some apps on my Blackberry (8520), and gives a very long list of the apps that need to be updated. So then I click to continue, and it tells me that I need to update the Application Loader to continue with updating my Blackberry. So I click on yes to update the AL, it downloads the update, but then it tells me something about existing software running, and that I need to click ok to shut them down and disconnect the device, or cancel the whole update. After I click ok, and reconnect my device, It just continues repeating the sequence. Can anyone offer some assistance or some advice on how to fix this annoying problem? Or should I just stay away from updating?

Thanks,
    aalmuhannadi
    07-11-10 09:03 AM
    you can ignore the updates for the applications and if you'd like to upgrade your BlackBerry, use CrackMem or BBSAK.

I use DM only to backup and restore my phone's memory and I ignore any application updates it suggests
    07-11-10 09:16 AM
    What's CrackMem and BBSAK?
    07-11-10 09:48 AM
    They both are applications that will help you to wipe and load the OS (Operating System) into your BlackBerry for upgrading/Downgrading once you've installed one on your PC

CrackMem; wipes and loads the OS

BBSAK; backs up, wipes and loads the OS
    07-11-10 09:53 AM
    Wow they look too complicated for me as I'm not a very 'experienced' user, I'd rather just stick to what I've got, or wait for someone to help me out with how to make DM update it for me.
    07-11-10 10:19 AM
    Make sure you wait for the AppLoader to install the latest version. Don't plug in your BB yet, until it's finished installing.

Also, after the update is finished installing, try rebooting your computer before plugging your BB in.
    Last edited by mangcool; 07-11-10 at 12:26 PM.
    07-11-10 12:23 PM
    you could upgrade also by using this method if you like > after you install the OS onto your PC and connect your BB via USB cable, go to program files\common files\research in motion\app loader and delete a file called ''vendor''.

In the same path, there is a file called ''loader'', right click on it and select run as adminstrator
    07-11-10 12:24 PM
    you could upgrade also by using this method if you like > after you install the OS onto your PC and connect your BB via USB cable, go to program files\common files\research in motion\app loader and delete a file called ''vendor''.

In the same path, there is a file called ''loader'', right click on it and select run as adminstrator
    It'll still ask him to update AppLoader, though. Because he's still using the AppLoader. I could be wrong.
    07-11-10 12:28 PM
    If you open DM after disconnecting from the Internet, you won't get those prompts to update the apps.
    07-11-10 12:35 PM
    It'll still ask him to update AppLoader, though. Because he's still using the AppLoader. I could be wrong.
    True . . it will. But at least he'll have an updated BB.

As I said before, I ignore the updates BBDM tells me that are available
    07-11-10 12:40 PM
    Make sure you wait for the AppLoader to install the latest version. Don't plug in your BB yet, until it's finished installing.

Also, after the update is finished installing, try rebooting your computer before plugging your BB in.
    I only get the prompt to update AppLoader when I try to update my Blackberry, I don't know how to update it manually.
    07-11-10 05:29 PM
    Are you on windows 7? If so try right clicking on the desktop manager icon and choosing run as administrator.
    07-11-10 05:49 PM
    Have you tried rebooting your computer before doing all these process? It could be a computer related problem.
    07-11-10 08:48 PM
    @kbz1960 I'm using XP Professional

@mangcool of course I rebooted it several times
    07-11-10 09:53 PM

Alright. Try uninstalling DM, reboot your computer, and install it again.
    07-11-10 11:26 PM
    I tried that too, I even deleted the registry keys that DM left in the registry, and installed it again, but still got the same results.
    07-12-10 07:31 AM
    I tried that too, I even deleted the registry keys that DM left in the registry, and installed it again, but still got the same results.
    If you can, try using a different computer. I doubt that this is a phone related problem. It could be the software that having some kind of issue, or your computer. But I could be wrong.
    07-12-10 11:06 AM
    yeah I'll try using another computer then, hope that works it out
    07-12-10 01:34 PM
    yeah I'll try using another computer then, hope that works it out
    Good luck!
    07-12-10 01:40 PM

Are you using a profile that has admin rights?
    07-12-10 02:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD