I recently plugged my 8310 into my PC and DM told me i had updates available. I proceeded to allow DM to upgrade my phone but when it was done, BBM wont work. I tried downloading from blackberry.com and it wont install. I tried getting it from AppWorld and its the same issue.

The OS on the phone is 4.5.0.182 (Platform 2.7.0.106). I know i also had 4.5 something before this upgrade.

Is there a known problem here?
    12-23-09 09:05 AM
    Could be - blog on main page had a statement from RIM blaming BBM for service outages. I finally was able to install the upgrade to 57 after about 4 tries. I imagine lots of folks are doing the same.
    12-23-09 09:20 AM
    when you load .57 bbm....do you have to reload all your contacts or does it just carry over?
    12-23-09 12:11 PM
    it should carry over i think, but i lost all mine for some reason.

i had trouble installing it...it was very slow to download, then i got an install error. i was successful on my second attempt but then when i opened it up, i had 0 contacts lol.

make sure you do a backup first.
    12-23-09 12:20 PM
    My contacts carried over when I upgraded. I am running v. 4.5.0.138 on my BB OS, and now have BBM 5.0.0.57 installed.
    12-23-09 01:08 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok Idk why I cant post a new thread but I guess I can post it here.
    Heres my problem

I have a Bold 9700 ATT and Ive been having problems with one of my particular contacts. I added her the first time and it worked perfect but after the whole data outage I havent been able to add her again. It says that its pending and waiting for authorization but she is not getting it on her end. Is there anything im doing wrong?
    12-23-09 01:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD