My wifes Black Berry was working fine this morning, then this evening she was looking at an app on the BB app world and all of a sudden her phone locked up, so she tried turning it off, and that was a no go either, next she takes out the battery, then she comes to get me, ok so heres what the thing is doing, when I put the battery in it lights up the key pad liek normal, then the hourglass appears on the screen then the black screen with BlackBerry and the loading line we all see, it loads about 1/4 of the way across then restarts the phone again. Did she totally screw it away or can I fix this somehow?
    I did one backup of her contacts on her laptop but thats all.
    06-11-10 11:54 PM
    Umm its not broken beyond repair but I believe an OS reinstall is in order. First however try taking the battery out and plugging it into the computer and see if Blackberry Desktop Manager recognizes it. If so that is a start and see if you can back things up. If not search through here on the forums on how to fix a nuked blackberry or how to reinstall an OS. There are several detailed excellent guides out there to help you out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-10 11:58 PM
    Cool, thanks I'll start searching right after I finish this post
    06-12-10 06:55 AM
    Try safe mode before you reload the OS: before the bar comes up, hold escape key (arror right to pad). See if it boots.

If it does, find the problematic app and remove it.

If it doesn't, do as rcnathan told and reload the OS.
    06-12-10 09:05 AM
    I can't find the os anywhere, the. Media manager says its not connected cause it won't start l
    Long enough for the comp to see it either
    06-12-10 09:26 AM
    06-12-10 09:39 AM
    I read that this morning, I can't get the app loader to connect to the BB at all, and I downloaded the os software from RIM, but all that is is the app manager theres no loader program anywhere on the computer
    06-12-10 09:52 AM
    An update for everyone, the problem with my wifes BB was NOT software or virus related, we took it to the Sprint store here local and they tested it and found a defective hardware issue and replaced the phone. Thanks to all who tried to help me though, I learned more in one day searching the BB 101 area than I have in 47 years of being alive. I'm still searching for the O/S though, I feel like I could completely wipe and restore a BB if I had it I know there is a link on this site to it, and I WILL find it LOL
    06-12-10 01:09 PM
    An update for everyone, the problem with my wifes BB was NOT software or virus related, we took it to the Sprint store here local and they tested it and found a defective hardware issue and replaced the phone. Thanks to all who tried to help me though, I learned more in one day searching the BB 101 area than I have in 47 years of being alive. I'm still searching for the O/S though, I feel like I could completely wipe and restore a BB if I had it I know there is a link on this site to it, and I WILL find it LOL
    LOL! I am glad you took it to the store, and very happy that they replaced the device for you. I appreciate you searching for information too. I know it takes time, probably time you wish you could spend doing something else, but there is a wealth of information packed on this site and it just goes to show that a little time and effort can pay off for someone...even if it wasn't right now, you still have that knowledge for possible later instances.

Feel free to post if you have any further questions.

Cheers
    06-12-10 03:16 PM
    I'm happy they replaced it too, its only been something like 20 or so days since we've had them, whatever my original registration date here is - 1 day, either way Sprint is way better customer service than ATT was to us which is another reason we switched and got BB's.
    As for me searching for information I will continue searching on here for info, and no it wasn't time I'd rather spend doing something else, every time I look around on here for something I learn, I used to think "he who dies with the most toys, wins" at 47 years old I have discovered that I was wrong thinking that it should be " he who dies with the most knowledge, wins"
    So the time I spend on here IS valuable to me and everybody else in this world that I am able to help
    06-12-10 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD