I woke up this morning with my blackberry turned off, I tried turning it on and the red led light just came on then came off. I tried connecting to my computer and I wasn't being recognized at all, I took out the battery and tried again. This time is said unknown device found but couldn't install the device properly. I tried to manually install the drivers but no luck. The phone will stay red when connect to my computer but will pause and try to connect again

I also was trying to follow the steps to rebooting the OS using APP LOADER but can't USB connection isn't even in the drop down menu. Is there anything I can do to fix this issue? Thanks.
    09-24-09 02:55 PM
    Try Crsackmem. See if it sees it, wipe n reload the os.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-09 03:11 PM
    Before you reload your OS, try this:

Take the battery out and connect to the computer with the battery out. Try to power it on when connected and see if that helps. If it does then re-insert your battery.
    09-24-09 03:18 PM
    Turn your device off by holding down the red power button. Once it is off, use the wall charger and only the wall charger to charge your phone for a few hours. After this try it out again.
    09-24-09 03:30 PM
    This problem happened to me 2 days ago
    I tried everything

I have an extra battery
    So i tried it although the battery I'm using was fully charged
    And it worked

Question
    Does the BB os know if you changed battery
    As in it reads the battery serial number
    I know this maybe a VERY strange question
    I my self am ashamed by asking it
    But i was just curious since you guys have much more
    expierence in BB

09-25-09 10:00 AM
    No it doesn't recognize battery serial numbers. Also I think what the problem could be is that the battery is very dead and needs to be charged by the wall charger, not the USB because the USB doesn't always allow the amount of power needed to bring a phone back to life. If that doesn't work you might want to try getting a new battery all together. If those things don't work then I would try to wipe the device.

09-25-09 10:41 AM
    dead battery .. could a new battery die after less than a month of usage

and after i used the other battery to switch on the device
    im still using both till they both drain out and charge

im out of office and home alot thats why i need two batteries
    09-25-09 06:02 PM
    dead battery .. could a new battery die after less than a month of usage

and after i used the other battery to switch on the device
    im still using both till they both drain out and charge

im out of office and home alot thats why i need two batteries
    If you let a Lithium Ion battery drain down too low then, yes, you can damage it and render it useless even after just a month of usage.
    09-25-09 06:09 PM
    If you let a Lithium Ion battery drain down too low then, yes, you can damage it and render it useless even after just a month of usage.
    how low are we talking about

i re charge when it indicates low batt
    orange/yellow

safe side ?
    09-25-09 08:17 PM
    how low are we talking about

i re charge when it indicates low batt
    orange/yellow

safe side ?
    You should not wait that long. I highly recommend that you charge the battery every night. If you go through more than one battery a day (doubtful under normal use) then I recommend that you get a desktop cradle and charge the battery in it each time you put it down.
    09-25-09 09:02 PM
    Does your screen turn white without the clock?

Mine just did that today. I had to reload the OS. But the screen is glitching and now I have to patiently wait until I get my replacement sent next week...
    09-25-09 10:41 PM
    You should not wait that long. I highly recommend that you charge the battery every night. If you go through more than one battery a day (doubtful under normal use) then I recommend that you get a desktop cradle and charge the battery in it each time you put it down.
    Thanks for the advice
    Ill do that starting now

09-25-09 11:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD