My Curve had issues with turning off at random times. I wiped out the OS, charged it with the wall charger AND USB, and everything. I left it on over night without the SIM card in and it's been working fine. But EVERY TIME I put the SIM card in, a clock watch appears for a little bit, then the phone will turn off and the red LED light will come on, and then it repeats for hours. I don't know what's wrong. Everything loads fine when the SIM card is not in, but once the SIM is in, I can't access anything. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    08-16-09 07:48 PM
    Sounds like the sim card is bad. Have you taken it to a store to let them look at it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 08:35 PM
    My SIM card is brand new and it works in other phones, just not this particular one.
    08-16-09 08:49 PM
    Do you have a a memory card in the phone? If you do, try taking it out, then put the sim card in the phone and turn it on. What happens?

08-16-09 09:10 PM
    I tried removing it and now with just the SIM card in the phone, I now get a spinning hourglass (rather than the clock mentioned earlier). The hourglass will appear for a few seconds, then the screens turns off and the red LED starts blinking, and then it repeats this way. I feel like this is a problem with the OS. But I'm out of ideas on what to do because I reinstalled the OS. Sighhhh
    Last edited by harrooo; 08-16-09 at 09:30 PM.
    08-16-09 09:23 PM
    When you reinsalled the OS, did you restore from any backups?

Did you wipe the BB completely clean, OS and all with JL Commander or BBSAK? It's best to start with a clean slate. Then after you reinstall the OS, don't do any restores at first. See if the OS/BB is stable.

08-16-09 10:31 PM
    SIM card is bad. It doesn't matter if it works in other phones. BBs are mre like computers than phones and use more functions of the SIM. Go to your carrier and insist on gwtting the SIM card exchanged free.

08-16-09 11:40 PM
    SIM card is bad. It doesn't matter if it works in other phones. BBs are mre like computers than phones and use more functions of the SIM. Go to your carrier and insist on gwtting the SIM card exchanged free.

I 2nd that. Try yo put a different sim card into the phone and turn it on see what happens, if you wanna be sure.
    08-17-09 07:04 AM
    I took the phone and my SIM to a TMobile retail store to get it replaced and to see if they could potentially figure out what is the problem. The woman told me that it was probably a battery issue.. but I don't think that's the case because it works just fine without the SIM. She replaced my SIM with another new one and the problem still persisted. She then tried a 3rd SIM that did not have any saved information (no saved contacts, pictures, texts, etc.) and that got the phone to work. Should saving any kind of information on a SIM prior to putting it into the phone be an issue with getting a phone to work?
    08-18-09 02:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD