Sounds like from what I have read about the BB Storm people are less than thrilled about it. Most are returning it. I am glad I stuck with my Curve. It seems like BB's attempt at the iPhone is like Windows Zune - an iPod want-to-be. Maybe a little more work and less rush before the holiday would have been a better idea. Just hate to see BB have a bad name.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 07:23 AM
    Most are returning it.
    Most are returning it? Wow, you sure must be intuitive...or at the very least have in depth access to Verizon's internal account information to know that.

Come on, really....there have been thousands upon thousands of Storms sold in the past week and a half. So you've read a handful of complaints from people that are less than satisfied. And you're ready to announce that MOST are returning it? I'd say thats a pretty far reach. Why don't you give the device a fair chance and save this thread for a few months down the road when people have actually spent a decent amount of time using it?
    12-01-08 07:29 AM
    The iPhone had it's fair share of bugs in the 1.0 series of its firmware. Give it time. This is RIM's first touchscreen device.
    12-01-08 07:40 AM
    Most are returning it? Wow, you sure must be intuitive...or at the very least have in depth access to Verizon's internal account information to know that.

Come on, really....there have been thousands upon thousands of Storms sold in the past week and a half. So you've read a handful of complaints from people that are less than satisfied. And you're ready to announce that MOST are returning it? I'd say thats a pretty far reach. Why don't you give the device a fair chance and save this thread for a few months down the road when people have actually spent a decent amount of time using it?
    I actully do have some insight. You must have a Zune haha! I do hope BB gets the Storm off the ground because I think its a great idea. Just because you sell a thousand of them doesn't make it great. Look at the morons getting ripped of buying blue ray dvds. 30 bucks for a dvd? There is nothing special about blue ray, its just the color laser they put on the dvd. But they sell thousands of them so they must be great right. Plus if you just look in the Crackberry section of the Storm there are many owners disapointed in the Storm. I am sure the iPhone is far from perfect I just feel that BB could have put a little more elbow grease into it and not rushed it for Christmas. Look at the click feature that vzw advert. It doesn't even work out of the box, many have to DL a patch. How's your Zune working? J/k! Lol

12-01-08 07:22 PM
    Look at the morons getting ripped of buying blue ray dvds. 30 bucks for a dvd? There is nothing special about blue ray, its just the color laser they put on the dvd.
    Getting ripped off buying blu-ray dvd's... How do you figure? Standard DVD's hold 4.7gb worth of data vs Blu-Ray's 25gb. Not to mention faster data transfer rates vs standard DVD's and the ability to hold 5.5 times more information than it's predecessor.
    12-01-08 08:03 PM
    Hookup- thread hijacker! lol jkjk

How dare you compare a black to apple. The iFlop had its hype and it had its bugs. People still bought it, new OS updates came out for it (to this day), and people are happy with it, but there were still very many angry people in the beginning. VZW has never released a phone this big. What did you expect would happen? Flawlessness?

AT&T is ****. I'm surprised they have so many subscribers with that poor CS.

Nuke your curve and go get a storm

12-01-08 08:12 PM
    Zune is a very good device. Extremely underrated, try one before you bash it.

12-01-08 08:50 PM
    Re-re's, I said I want the storm to do good. And Last I checked most movies fit fine in HD format on a reg. DVD. Unless you need to see 900 hrs worth of your Will and Grace season with extras and behind the scene features. Not like you can't get up and put another DVD in. I think its worthless anyway. Its all going to be digital soon but, kudos to those who watse 30 bucks haha! After all Obama wants you to share the wealth. CHANGE... Its all I got left!

12-01-08 10:19 PM
    I 2nd Nycxice's comment. Awesome device (and software).

But yeah I agree, let all the bugs get worked out and then see where the Storm stands.
    12-02-08 05:47 PM
    Love my Zunes.
    12-02-08 05:51 PM
    I have "beta" tested almost every device that verizon has released as an early adopter of their first releases since the treo 600. I chose not to jump upto the storm because the concept was still new and I don't feel that it was ready for the masses. That being said, once the storm has weathered it's path, I will be upgrading from the curve to the storm.

as far as zunes go, I have had one since they first came out and currently have an 80gb red zune. They are stable and they rock!! Most people just don't realize their capability because they bought into the ipod hype. (Yes, I also own an 80 GB 5th gen ipod because it was a gift, but I only use for work and it sits in a dock unless it is getting synced.)
    12-02-08 07:04 PM
    My zune rocks as well. I have a 30gig 1st gen device. It is now running the latest firmware being used on the newest devices. With an ipod I would have to buy a new ipod for next gen features. The storm will succeed. Give it some time.

12-02-08 09:34 PM
    Geeze where to begin, first off Verizons CS is the worst in the industry, talk about smug upity jerks.The are never willing to help or even seem to care...second Blu-ray quality is unsurpassed,have you every actually seen a blue-ray on a high def 1080p screen? And the Zune is a very decent device, just because Microsoft made it doesn't mean it sucks.

Hookup- thread hijacker! lol jkjk

How dare you compare a black to apple. The iFlop had its hype and it had its bugs. People still bought it, new OS updates came out for it (to this day), and people are happy with it, but there were still very many angry people in the beginning. VZW has never released a phone this big. What did you expect would happen? Flawlessness?

AT&T is ****. I'm surprised they have so many subscribers with that poor CS.

Nuke your curve and go get a storm

12-02-08 09:42 PM
    I bought a 30gb zune the day it came out and use it 8-12 hours every day since then. If you're comparing the storm to that then I hope it only works that good. That's over two years solid use that means my NE2 will be up and move on to RIM's next device.

I do agree Zune was slow out of the gates with upgrade, but once they got the software updated it's a very solid reliable device, which knowing RIM's history they'll follow suit.
    12-02-08 09:48 PM
    I love my 1st gen Zune and have never had any problems with it. I hope they bring a touchscreen BB to TMo at some point, 'cuz I'm sure I'll end up loving that as well!

12-03-08 12:19 AM
    I'm surprised that some people still consider the zune a failure. How is it a failure, because it doesn't sell as well as the ipod? Big deal, that's like calling Dr. Pepper a failure because it's not as big as Coke. I'd take my first-gen zune over an ipod any day, that click-wheel is annoying. And as far as the iphone/storm go, they're cool concepts, but the last thing I wanna do is smear my greasy hands all over the screen of my new phone. That would drive me nuts. [/rant]
    12-03-08 01:41 AM
    I miss my 1st gen zune... Thankfully I replaced it with a 2nd gen. I almost went ipod till I realised how many people I know of with problematic ipods

12-03-08 05:23 AM
    I love my zune, more than my ipod in fact. I hope vzw gets the bugs worked out with the storm...

12-03-08 12:43 PM
    I have been reading this post mostly about the Zune and I am looking to purchase one for my wife for Christmas. Can anyone here give a great reason to purchase one over the Ipod? Durability?

I am still using my Dell Digital Jukebox. All my friends call it the "TANK" ! Yes its big, yes its a bit heavy, and Yes it always works! I use it in my boat, on my 4-wheeler, in my car, and in my office. You can't kill it. I almost feel sorry for the punishment I have put it through over the past 6 years. You can actually pick it up and throw it as hard as you can on the floorboard of your car (to prove to Ipod users why its called the tank) and it just smiles back at you without missing a beat.

Now my wife is a bit nicer on her things than I am, so a llittle advice would be nice on which device to get.

Oh yeah, no protective case on the TANK! Just complete bada**.
    12-03-08 08:36 PM
    The zune gives you better bang for your buck in my opinion. Far more durable. I had my first gen and dropped it a few times with no ill effect afterwards. For the ipod you pay for the name more than anything else. The zune on the other hand is getting better and better with each software update they have done. Get er a zune she will enjoy it.

12-03-08 08:56 PM
    Thanks Nycxice for the input. How is it for uploading files? Can you drag and drop, or do you have to fool around with a media mgmt program?
    12-03-08 09:18 PM
    Do you even own a blu ray dvd player? As a PS3 console owner...You cant even get the name right! Its BLU RAY not BLUE RAY. LOL. You probably haven't even seen a blu ray movie on an HDTV either! Waiting a few months before passing judgement on some new device like the Storm makes perfect sense to me. I LOVE my Blackberry Curve but I know I'd want to jump onto the Storm eventually.

I actully do have some insight. You must have a Zune haha! I do hope BB gets the Storm off the ground because I think its a great idea. Just because you sell a thousand of them doesn't make it great. Look at the morons getting ripped of buying blue ray dvds. 30 bucks for a dvd? There is nothing special about blue ray, its just the color laser they put on the dvd. But they sell thousands of them so they must be great right. Plus if you just look in the Crackberry section of the Storm there are many owners disapointed in the Storm. I am sure the iPhone is far from perfect I just feel that BB could have put a little more elbow grease into it and not rushed it for Christmas. Look at the click feature that vzw advert. It doesn't even work out of the box, many have to DL a patch. How's your Zune working? J/k! Lol

12-03-08 09:32 PM
    I have beat my 2 year old zune pretty bad. Numerous drops and I use in my wood shop. If I opened it up it probably has a pound of sawdust in it. Keeps on truckinvthough. You do have to use the zune software. I like it better than itunes. The zune software and firmware updates constantly are improving the user experience. The best part is that the new 120 gig ones are 2/3rd the size of my gen 1 zune. But I still love my brown square of a turd player.

12-03-08 09:57 PM
    Look at the morons getting ripped of buying blue ray dvds. 30 bucks for a dvd? There is nothing special about blue ray, its just the color laser they put on the dvd. But they sell thousands of them so they must be great right.
    Re-re's, I said I want the storm to do good. And Last I checked most movies fit fine in HD format on a reg. DVD. Unless you need to see 900 hrs worth of your Will and Grace season with extras and behind the scene features. Not like you can't get up and put another DVD in. I think its worthless anyway. Its all going to be digital soon but, kudos to those who watse 30 bucks haha! After all Obama wants you to share the wealth. CHANGE... Its all I got left!

Well I guess I am a moron, because I own a couple hundred Blu-ray Dvds and they are great.

I think you may be a little confused about what Blu-ray actually is and does. It isn't just a pretty blue light in a box. A dual layer Blu-ray disk can hold up to 50 gigs. The amount of data that the disc is capable of holding isn't used to store more video in most cases. It is actually used to store BETTER video than a standard Dvd. Most standard dvds will play at 480p which is pretty good, but is only 720 x 480 (standard defenition). A Blu-ray disc will play at 1080p, 2160p in a few more years, which is 1920 x 1080 and 3840 x 2160 respectively. 1920 x 1080 is HD and this is why the larger disc space of a Blu-ray is required. HD video WILL NOT fit on a regular dvd.

If you can't see the difference between a Blu-ray and regular dvd then it is either time to get your eyes checked or buy a better tv, because once you see a Blu-ray movie in 1080p on a 65" LCD you will never want to watch anything else again.

As for the Storm, I think it is a really cool device. It may have some flaws, but then everything and everyone does. The flaws will get worked out (on the storm, not the people) and it will be even better. Not really my thing though, I like a physical keyboard.
    12-03-08 11:13 PM
    I hope all your zunes didn't freeze on leap year haha! I think the ipod is better than zune, it's just much more user friendly. And as for blue ray its still a rip to pay damn 30 bucks for a movie... Really 30 dollars? Have u not seen the HD DVDs before they stopped making them? Its the same thing! Man its funny to watch ppl fall into the hype of "new". Hope you all got your zunes un frozen haha!

02-08-09 07:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD