Hello everybody. i think this counts as my first official post. when I learned that the leaked version of the BB OS *.411 was out, I went ahead and upgraded my phone. Than for no reason I stop checking the forums and when I finally did, I found out that there's a new version (*.681)

I guess my question is, is the new version much much better than the one that Im currently running?? Also, I dont remember well when I upgraded my phone if I lost any app. I mean, I dont remember if you have to do a device wipe before installing the new OS.
    Anyway, I'll be looking forward to hear from you guys..
    TIA
    Last edited by chinochung; 06-12-10 at 06:48 PM.
    06-12-10 03:38 PM
    I would say that the battery lasts a bit longer for me ( half-a-day more) and I noticed an improvement in the free memory available, though it is not that significant.

The camera shutter sound has been changed ( I liked it ) and when you press the lock button, it locks the keyboard ( not a password lock ) and puts your BB into standby mode. You still can use a password lock by setting one of your convenience keys to open '' password lock ''

Regarding the Wipe before upgrading, You still don't '' Have To '' but some had problems installing so it is like a plan B to overcome unexpected installing issues
    06-12-10 03:51 PM
    is it normal that i have to unlock the phone before i can answer any incoming call? that kinda sucks
    06-13-10 10:54 AM
    No, it isn't. No OS does that !!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-10 01:28 PM
    Hey just wanted to say thanks Ahmed. I upgraded my phone last night. I havent seen any differences as of yet althought it it seems that the whole thing is running faster than befpre. Anyway, thanks for the reply...
    06-13-10 02:07 PM
    Good for you .. Yes, it is faster Enjoy it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-10 02:16 PM
    well apparently mine does.... what do you think i should do to it?
    06-14-10 12:38 AM
    well apparently mine does.... what do you think i should do to it?
    I have never heard of that problem either on any phone. Good luck and hope you find the solution. on a different note, thread hijacker!!! lol
    06-14-10 02:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD