I've got an odd problem with my BB messenger notifications. It's setup to play the default sound when a new IM comes in, but only seems to do it about 10% of the time. I checked the settings in the user profile last night, and it's setup correctly. However, it's rare that I get an audio clue that I've recieved a message. Just the blinking LED.

Any ideas?
    03-25-09 10:12 PM
    If you are set to unavailable you will never get sound... Are you set as available? Check that and report back... Since you say you have your profile settings ok.

If that is all in order do a battery pull, device on, yank the battery and replace in 30 seconds.
    03-25-09 10:20 PM
    Nope, status is set to Available, and has been since day one.
    03-25-09 10:23 PM
    Battery pull? Done that yet?
    03-25-09 10:24 PM
    Just did. Another thing I missed after looking at the profile settings was the "new message" setting. It was off, and for some reason I was looking at the "new alert" settings instead. Oops. Now I just need a message to come in.
    03-25-09 10:32 PM
    Aha!

Glad you sorted it out.... Had to be one of the 3. Unavail, profile setting or BP......
    03-25-09 10:34 PM
    Yep, I'm an *****. Pretty bad for someone who works in IT. I might actually disable the audio alerts as it could get annoying, but wondered why it wasn't happening all the time.
    03-25-09 10:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD