Javelin is up for bidding on ebay again, lets see at what price does it goees this time
    09-25-08 09:03 AM
    Javelin is up for bidding on ebay again, lets see at what price does it goees this time
    Yeah, now it's gone apparently. But their is another one.

how high does everyone think it will get?
    09-25-08 11:09 PM
    If its coming out in October like the tmobile roadmap says I dont see why it would go so high.
    09-25-08 11:12 PM
    If its coming out in October like the tmobile roadmap says I dont see why it would go so high.
    Not everyone reads up on this kind of stuff :P

And people have money to burn, look at the one last week that sold for $17,100.

Unreal!
    09-25-08 11:13 PM
    I know thats pretty crazy.... Probably a hedge fund manager who wants to buy the stocks of the parts.
    09-25-08 11:22 PM
    Not everyone reads up on this kind of stuff :P

And people have money to burn, look at the one last week that sold for $17,100.

Unreal!
    Like many of other high profile items, it was bid up by fake buyers. It didn't sell for $17K.
    09-26-08 08:02 AM
    Still has a white tackball... And it's from Waterloo... Wonder if RIM decided there's money to be made by selling a few they can block later?
    09-26-08 02:08 PM
    Still has a white tackball... And it's from Waterloo... Wonder if RIM decided there's money to be made by selling a few they can block later?
    And that is how a real business is run lol
    09-26-08 05:48 PM
    i guess with their revenue falling short of stock analyst expectations, i am not suprised if rim is trying to sell few before they are officially released
    09-26-08 05:57 PM
    i guess with their revenue falling short of stock analyst expectations, i am not suprised if rim is trying to sell few before they are officially released
    Haha that would be legendary.
    09-26-08 06:06 PM
    i live in waterloo where rim is located and word on the street is the first jav to be sold was a publicity stunt. Rim put it on ebay and bid on it then baught it.
    09-27-08 12:21 AM
    Would that be the $17,100 Jav? What publicity? The only people who followed that auction were Crackberry addicts. And we knew the device existed. Very few people are looking up "blackberry 8900 Javelin" on eBay. Don't think that would have made a whole lot of sense. I'm sticking with the hedge fund theory. Someone wanted to know who was producing the parts for stock reasons. Or other manufactuers wanted to know what was inside.
    09-27-08 12:54 AM
    i live in waterloo where rim is located and word on the street is the first jav to be sold was a publicity stunt. Rim put it on ebay and bid on it then baught it.
    Just because you live in Waterloo, doesn't mean it's true. I live in Waterloo as well. Trust me RIM didn't buy it.
    09-27-08 10:15 AM
    Would that be the $17,100 Jav? What publicity? The only people who followed that auction were Crackberry addicts. And we knew the device existed. Very few people are looking up "blackberry 8900 Javelin" on eBay. Don't think that would have made a whole lot of sense. I'm sticking with the hedge fund theory. Someone wanted to know who was producing the parts for stock reasons. Or other manufactuers wanted to know what was inside.

i completely agree with you, most people on this forum are thinking from the consumers point of view and thinks it is insane of somebody to pay 17100$, when he knows that device might not be working after couple of months, but if you look from business point of view, any smart businessman would pay that money, and dont forget those accesorries manufacturer(skins, cases, or the battery) just to get the physical dimensions on the device or also one of the big competitor...
    09-27-08 03:52 PM
    Search for "Achem's Razor". I think it's safe to assume that it's nothing more than fraudulent bidding.
    09-27-08 04:13 PM
    I would not buy a Jav er Curve 8900 from EBay. Not my idea of fun. Just wait for the real deal.
    09-27-08 04:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD