I connected my Verizon 8330 running 4.5.0.77 to Desktop Manager 4.7 and it said updates were available for my BB, so I allowed it to update. Odd thing is, it is still 4.5.0.77, so I'm not sure what it updated.

After the update, Documents To Go was missing the Sheets To Go application. There didn't seem to be an option for registering DTG again to unlock Sheets.

Thinking I could just reinstall it from Desktop Manager, I deleted DTG from the BB, connected the BB to Desktop Manager, and launched the Application Loader. But there is no option to (re)load Documents To Go.

I've searched here and on Google. There seem to be plenty of hits, but none are making sense to me. Some say to click an Options button in DM, but I don't have that Options button. Others say to download the BB OS to the computer, but I don't want/need to upgrade to a non-official OS.

Maybe my frustration is just clouding my thoughts, and this is simpler than I'm making it out to be...
    04-23-09 09:56 AM
    Heh... replying to myself.

I found and downloaded the 4.5.0.77 OS from Verizon's site and installed that on my PC. Now when I launch the Application Loader in Desktop Manager, I at least had the option to reload Documents To Go.

But... on the BlackBerry, DTG is still missing the Sheets To Go app, and I still have no idea how to get it back!
    04-23-09 10:39 AM
    Okay, so I opened Word To Go, pressed the menu button and did the "check for updates". That brought me to the website, and it said an update was available. Downloaded the update, and voila, I now have Sheets To Go again!

Yay!

But...

I connected the BB up to Desktop Manager so I could download my latest version of the theme I've been working on. The Application Loader insisted on removing Docs To Go again, and I had NO CHOICE!

Argh! This is so friggin' frustrating. Now Docs To Go is still on my BB, but only Word and Slideshow! And guess what app I use mose. Yep... Sheets!

Checking for updates now says I have the latest version, and I can't get Sheets back!

WTF!?

What kind of nonsense is this that any time I attach my BB to Desktop Manager it's going to remove an app that came on the friggin' device!?
    04-24-09 02:49 PM
    After you get your Sheets restored as before, do a Backup. That might at least preserve it in a backup file so you can Restore it later.

Also, dump DM 4.7. As you've discovered, DM 4.7 automatically searches for updates on the internet everytime you open it. In addition, DM 4.7 was designed for the Storm, and will work with the newer BBs like the Bold and 8900 running the newer OSs, but it is a little buggy with the Curves and Pearls.

Use Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs and delete DM 4.7 from your PC then download and install DM 4.6

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 03:05 PM
    Do you have the premium version? as far as i know the sheets to go only comes with the premium version of docs to go. If it comes with the blackberry OS, and you want to install the updated version of it, you have to delete the documents to go ALX on the blackberry OS folder installation in you hard drive, which is from where Apploader reads.

Also, i think to install an update of docstogo you have to uninstall the previous version of it. So uninstall the one you have, go to the blackberry os folder in your hard drive, delete de DocumentsToGo.alx file, and now install the version from the website.

I had the same problem with live messenger. Every time i had downloaded the version from the website, apploader would just delete that newer version and install the one that came with the OS which was older. I just deleted the alx so it doesnt prompt me to install the one from the OS.

When you are installing DM you have the option to remove the module that checks for updates online. Im not sure tho, i never use DM to install applications and i usually cancel any prompts for new updates when doing back ups. I just use the standalone apploader, its faster xd
    Last edited by gbsn; 04-24-09 at 03:15 PM.
    04-24-09 03:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD