Hi Everyone, need some help here if you can assist that would be great....

My BB Curve 8300 was working fine for about 6 months now since I got it. I'm with Telus by the way in Toronto. I only use 1 email account with it which is my gmail account. Yesterday I changed the password on my gmail account for security reasons but forgot to change it on my BB. I noticed the problem come up that my BB was not receiving emails and then changed the password on my BB.

Then for some reason the BB and Gmail weren't working the same as before...

2 problems popped up now that I can't solve...

1. When I received emails to my BB in the past, I would read them and then when I logged into my Gmail account later on, they would show up as read. Not highlighted in black basically. Now they are NOT showing up as read in Gmail, and I have to basically go through the task of marking them all read manually which is obviously an annoyance as I've already opened them on my BB. Need to solve this.

2. Secondly , when I send an email from my Gmail account to whomever, a duplicate copy is sent to my BB??? this never happened before either.

Seems like after a simple password changeover...my BB is acting differently with Gmail now and not syncing or communicating properly....I do have POP enabled in the Gmail settings as will as IMAP of course. Other than that , my email settings on my BB are pretty much default.

Any ideas on how to fix the above, especially #1 , would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe
    01-21-09 12:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD