I've had my Curve for just under a year now and it lately has been turning off by itself. The only way to get it back on is to either put it on the charger or take the battery out and put it back in again. When it does come back on it says its on very low battery when its actually been charging all night the day prior. Any ideas? Should I just buy a new battery? HELP! Thanks
    05-04-09 12:50 PM
    I would try a new battery. If it has been charging all night and only showing low on the indicator then shutting off it sounds like it needs to be replaced for sure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-09 12:56 PM
    Its great that you even where able to get a full year out of your battery most dont make it a year.
    05-04-09 01:31 PM
    Sounds like a battery issue. I've had that happen when I use one of my spares..which I quit using because of that problem. I'd buy a new one, you did really good not having that problem for a year!
    05-04-09 01:57 PM
    I just gave in a ordered a new battery lol should be coming today and hopefully all will be resolved, thanks!
    05-06-09 09:31 AM
    good luck with that..
    05-06-09 10:28 AM
    I have more than half a charge, and my curve is shutting off. I can pull the battery to get it to come on, but it dies about 3 minutes after it comes back on. I've never had any problems until I tried to download the anagram app.
    05-17-09 01:46 AM
    I just gave in a ordered a new battery lol should be coming today and hopefully all will be resolved, thanks!
    Any updates on whether or not it fixed your problem?
    05-17-09 01:51 AM
    I've had my Curve for just under a year now and it lately has been turning off by itself. The only way to get it back on is to either put it on the charger or take the battery out and put it back in again. When it does come back on it says its on very low battery when its actually been charging all night the day prior. Any ideas? Should I just buy a new battery? HELP! Thanks
    Yupp mine did the same thing. Got so bad it was only staying on for a min or two at a time. Went out and bought the 8900 and it turned out all I needed was a new battery! Bought a new one for it anyways cuz I'm keeping it as a backup. T-Mo's batteries cost 30.00 but I got mine on Ebay brand new for under 10.00 wit shipping. Works great now. Turns out I was overcharging the phone so I wait til my battery goes down before I charge
    Last edited by flybabyroxy; 05-17-09 at 01:58 AM.
    05-17-09 01:55 AM
    [QUOTE=MrsD.;2575889]I have more than half a charge, and my curve is shutting off. I can pull the battery to get it to come on, but it dies about 3 minutes after it comes back on. I've never had any problems until I tried to download the anagram app.[/QUOT

Mine seemed fine til I upgraded the OS but it was the battery so I bought a new one and it's fine now. Go on Ebay and buy one cheap..just in case it isn't the battery and something else.
    05-17-09 01:57 AM
    i just had this problem resolved. my curve was doing the exact same thing, so i took it to the t-mobile store. the guy explained to me that a couple of cells were dead in the battery and the other remaining cells were working harder so it made the battery overheat and swell up which therefore shut the phone off. so the guy gave me a new battery for free and everything has been working fine now.
    05-17-09 03:31 AM
    How long should a battery last?
    05-17-09 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD