hey everyone,
    I've had my BBcurve for about 2 years now, never really used it much other than texting, but then recently started using wi-fi & facebook services. Then, my OS crashed & I had to reinstall to the newest version; however, once I installed the newest version lost my wi-fi & facebook capabilties.. What's going on? is there anyway to get around this? With out them now, I feel like my phone is useless & I don't want to get a data plan for an additonal 30$/mo. My contract just ended.. don't want to renew it... Help?
    Thanks,
    Kayla
    07-08-10 07:20 PM
    Are you sure you installed a version specific to the 8320? If you managed to get one for the 8330 there would be no WiFi.
    07-09-10 01:34 PM
    Are you sure you installed a version specific to the 8320? If you managed to get one for the 8330 there would be no WiFi.
    That is not possible. The code packages are not interchangable, if one were installed it would not show up as an available choice.

If I understand correctly, the OP does not have a BlackBerry Internet Service plan and can not use pushed applications like Facebook over Wifi.

That is right, it has alwasy worked that way. If you saw it working at one time, BIS was connected through the carrier plan.
    07-09-10 03:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD