Alright so i got my bb not so long ago..i would say 1 week?...and like i have warranty and stuff and been lurking around this forum alot! i have jivetalk and opera mini + weathereye...i noticed that my blackberry has been Crashing ALOT! since i got it..ive compared it to my brother's and my gf's which doesnt crash at all..it usually has the red light..and then it opens up like a soft reset...with the hour glass..i tried wiping handheld and then using Desktop manager to redo the curve. Ive also tried Jl_cmder but somehow i couldnt pass the "type in blackberry to continue" screen...i dont know how i can solve this problem because everytime i use it..it ends up crashing soon. I cant even use the phone for more than a good 15 minutes. I know alot of people has this similar problem and im wondering if theres a fix? i tried to clear up memory space but i dont think its that because i have more memory than my gf's does and her bb hasnt crashed on her ever. Not even my brother's. : ( i really need help and i just recently got it so i dont really want to get a refurbished..i heard about the 4.5os update might be able to fix this problem? but can anyone help me? should i get a refurb?
    08-26-08 11:25 PM
    Sounds like its time to send it back. But just for the **** of it what's your file free under options status

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-08 11:28 PM

and i didnt do a battery pull for the free space. anyway yea its higher than my gf. some may consider it LITTLE..but im just saying my bro has way lower. and my gf has a bit lower. there's havent crashed..and they had theirs for longer than mine
    08-26-08 11:31 PM
    That's a good file free number. I can't think of anything else except for upgrading the os or sending it back

08-26-08 11:33 PM
    well i currently switched recently from my sidekick lx...to the curve.. when i send my sidekicks in they usually send me the phone first then i put my phone in the box and ship it back...is that how it works for the blackberrys? do i have to keep like certain parts? like the back case + charger?
    08-26-08 11:34 PM
    i know the official os update doesnt come out till probably september or later. but im just wondering will it fix the phone? seems like a hardware issue and alot of people are complaining about it. i dont want to install the os myself until its official (just my opinion and my choice.) so i should get a refurb?
    08-26-08 11:35 PM
    Ya if you're not comfotable with upgrading just send it back. If you bought it a week ago you can probably take it back to the store

08-26-08 11:38 PM
    well i got it from a dealer so thats different. i think ill just go with a refurb? i mean i know how it works...every part is new except the device was once "broken" and they just fix it...should i wait tho? will a os update fix a hardware issue?
    08-26-08 11:41 PM
    Its worth a shot. Upgrade it and if it doesn't fix it then you can always downgrade before you send it back. Do a search on here for proper upgrade/downgrade procedures

08-26-08 11:48 PM
    i just read the upgrade thing...does this void ur warranty..more info because ur saying if i upgrade and it doesnt fix i have to downgrade? hmm might as well send it in
    08-26-08 11:53 PM
    even if something happens while upgrading it can be fixed so i say try it
    08-27-08 10:30 AM
    I think that it may have been me that started this whle upograding the OS may void warranty thing.

It could just happen if you were to install an unsupported (by your carrier) OS on your phone and then (say) it failed and you could not get the old OS back on the phone before you returned it. You carrier MIGHT refuse to hoor the warranty. Will this happen? Well theoretically it could but I doubt it would in practise.

I would be inclined to return your phone and ask for a replacement.
    08-27-08 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD