When I click on the "browser" icon it doesn't open up the blackberry browser, it defaults to media net instead. However when I go under options to choose browser type there is only MediaNet, and hotspot browser availbe. Any ideas on how to fix this?
    I already tried resending the service books, batt pull, didn't work
    Last edited by cafejunkie; 08-08-09 at 05:24 AM.
    08-08-09 05:21 AM
    I don't know how much help I can be, I'm working from my memory of my TMO 8900. There used to be 2 browser icons-one opened up only to TMO's wap site, and the other was used for everything else.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-09 05:27 AM
    I have two icons as well, one for AT&T's medianet, and one for the blackberry browser but both go to media net
    08-08-09 05:34 AM
    If you dont have a data package on the phone you will only have the media net browser available. In case you do have a data package and still have this problem I would recommend resending your service books and or calling the service provider about it. To the second issue( both browsers but only media net browser opens), you may need to select the default browser in Opts/Adv/Browser, it may be set to Media Browser.. Hope this is of some help.

Julian
    08-08-09 09:55 AM
    Sorry I am slow today, did not see you had resent service books or the two browsers available thing. Dang now I am at a loss , guess calling the provider is about the only thing left. BTW have you added themes or upgraded the OS on the phone, just stabbing in the dark now.. Sorry I could not be of more help but I am sure some of the guru's will chime in here later with the answer

Julian
    08-08-09 09:59 AM
    I have two icons as well, one for AT&T's medianet, and one for the blackberry browser but both go to media net
    How's the quality of your WiFi signal? Without WiFi all you have is media-net on the 8900.

08-08-09 10:14 AM
    How's the quality of your WiFi signal? Without WiFi all you have is media-net on the 8900.

You can use the internet browser without using WiFi!! The only time I lost mine is when I upgraded the OS and had to do the "AT&T fix"... Have you done anything with your OS?
    08-08-09 12:47 PM
    You can use the internet browser without using WiFi!! The only time I lost mine is when I upgraded the OS and had to do the "AT&T fix"... Have you done anything with your OS?
    Yes, running 5.0.0.130. Read something about "the fix" recently but didn't look into it. I sure will now! Thanks!

08-08-09 02:24 PM
    Tried the "AT&T Fix" you mentioned, it worked for the browser (btw the new browser is very snappy). Couldn't get the "media fix" to work though, back to 4.6 for me lol.
    Thanks for your help!
    08-08-09 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD