HELP! I want to sync my 8900 to my computer but it the software is not compatible. I downloaded the PocketBook from BB.com, but it will not work. I have a MacBookPro. The CD that came with the phone is not compatible either. What can I do to sync the phone.
    Also, I need to get my old phone info in this computer to retrieve the data that did not transfer. I AM SO LOST!!! lol
    Anyone?
    Thanks so much,
    Lynnette
    08-01-09 07:32 AM
    Sounds like a Mac question... we have a Mac Users forum... sorry, but you might find this same question asked and answered over there... try the search.
    08-01-09 09:28 AM
    RIM is set to release a complete desktop manager for MAC soon.

In the meantime, there is software available called Pocketmac that will cover some of your syncing.
    08-01-09 12:24 PM
    Install Windows XP on your Macbook.
    08-01-09 01:44 PM
    Mac/BB users can all heave a sigh of relief come September, I believe.
    08-01-09 02:16 PM
    Missing Sync might hold you over for a few...i broke down and bought a copy and it works flawlessly...u can do bluetooth proximity sync on it...

check it out...tinyurl.com/kwjypk
    08-01-09 02:57 PM
    also, when u mention "old phone info", are u talking about entourage data??
    08-01-09 04:02 PM
    Jabrah,
    No, my old phone was the Curve 8320. That one was dying a slow death. I LOVED it, but I just cannot take the info from that one over to the new one with the MacPro. I just remembered that my DH has a computer connected to one of our televisions.... hmmmmmm, a PC!! I forgot all about that computer! Now I have to find the CD for the old phone-- we are in the midst of total remodeling and nothing is available. I just may need to go to BB.com to get the download for the old phone.
    I know about the September launch--but MUCHAS GRACIAS everyone! I really appreciate your help!
    08-02-09 06:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD