Ok so i was on the phone with Sprint cuz I couldnt connect to my Wi-Fi WPA network on which I have a WEP Key. I was told my technical support that this is a known issue for this 8530 Curve. did anyone know that?

She said I cant do anything about it until RIM put out an update....she doesnt know when they will send the update out to all

any work-arounds? anyone with this annoying issue? I wish I had known before I got this
    06-23-10 08:57 PM
    I have an 8530 through Sprint and I have never been able to connect to WiFi and i have tried from multiple locations. my home, friends homes, different restaurants with free wifi etc.
    06-23-10 10:06 PM
    I'm using my home WiFi with WEP encryption. I've never really tried using it with WPA encrypted wireless networks. But I'm pretty sure you'll be able to, just make sure you have the latest OS (5.0.0.654).
    06-23-10 11:37 PM
    Ok so i was on the phone with Sprint cuz I couldnt connect to my Wi-Fi WPA network on which I have a WEP Key. I was told my technical support that this is a known issue for this 8530 Curve. did anyone know that?

She said I cant do anything about it until RIM put out an update....she doesnt know when they will send the update out to all

any work-arounds? anyone with this annoying issue? I wish I had known before I got this

I have the same issue with verizon... Its a RIM problem not service. I have been able to connect to wifi unsecured. But my home wifi or any wifi that has a secured network will not connect. I have tried the secure button connect and the pin connect but it will not connect

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-10 09:02 AM
    I have WPA encryption on my wireless in my home and can connect perfectly fine with my phone. I am with Telus in Canada not that I can see that making any difference. Also running .654 but it worked perfect with .386 as well. I have the 8530.
    06-24-10 03:07 PM
    I have a 8530 with sprint & have no problems at all. I'm connected to 2 different wireless routers with WPA2. The phone generated a client pin # and i put it in the router & was up and running in about 2 or 3 minutes.

P.S. im running .459 & my wife is running .654 no problems on either.
    06-26-10 12:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD