I just recently had gotten the pocket pouch for my 8350I (Funny how we have to pay for it, when other BB's get them included with there phone. LOL Great pouch btw...) I have started to notice when I get an e-mail or text message. That when I take out the 8350I from the pouch, It opens up the text message or e-mail. Without me unlocking the phone first. It will just "pop" up open on my screen. Granted when I have it in the pouch, I always have the key pad locked.

Is there a way to prevent the 8350I from "auto opening" a message?
    04-10-09 12:57 PM
    dont answer it right away. mine doe the same thing from my holster. must be something to do with the magnet lock
    04-10-09 01:19 PM
    dont answer it right away. mine doe the same thing from my holster. must be something to do with the magnet lock
    I thought the same thing at one point too. And I have noticed it as well, if I wait a moment before answering my BB. It's just fine. I have to admit that there are days when the red right is blinking, that I feel I have to look at it right away. LOL It's like my BB (Which I refer to as HAL from 2001 a space odyssey.) Is saying to me as it blinks... "You know you want to look at that message now."

Thanks again for your help.
    04-10-09 01:47 PM
    I had tha same issue until I waited a while then it does not happen.
    04-10-09 01:58 PM
    its a magnet setting. when released from the magnet it is set to function like this even with keypad lock. but does they keypad re lock after exiting back? have you tried using device lock? might require a password to unlock after.
    04-10-09 02:19 PM
    its a magnet setting. when released from the magnet it is set to function like this even with keypad lock. but does they keypad re lock after exiting back? have you tried using device lock? might require a password to unlock after.
    No... The keypad does not re-lock after you see the message. It's like as if it was never locked in the first place. I have to re-lock it again after checking e-mail / text. I do not use device lock... Just a matter of preference.
    04-10-09 02:26 PM
    if you put it back in the pouch, it should go back into "standby" which is the same as the the keypad lock.... you just have to watch that you dont hit a button putting it back in thats all
    04-10-09 02:34 PM
    well it seems that this is a cheap way to auto out of keypad lock! does it do this even without a new message? in holster locked, out holster unlocked?
    04-10-09 03:03 PM
    well it seems that this is a cheap way to auto out of keypad lock! does it do this even without a new message? in holster locked, out holster unlocked?
    No... everything is fine when there is no new message or text.
    04-10-09 03:07 PM
    might be an app for that!
    04-10-09 03:28 PM
    I just recently had gotten the pocket pouch for my 8350I (Funny how we have to pay for it, when other BB's get them included with there phone. LOL Great pouch btw...) I have started to notice when I get an e-mail or text message. That when I take out the 8350I from the pouch, It opens up the text message or e-mail. Without me unlocking the phone first. It will just "pop" up open on my screen. Granted when I have it in the pouch, I always have the key pad locked.

Is there a way to prevent the 8350I from "auto opening" a message?
    It's a setting. Green phone button-->menu-->options-->general-->auto answer calls--set to "never"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-09 02:34 PM
    It's a setting. Green phone button-->menu-->options-->general-->auto answer calls--set to "never"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That turns off calls being answered by pressing any key on the handset. It does not prevent texts or emails from showing on the screen if you unholster or unclip the phone shortly after recieving them.
    Mine has been set to that setting since the get-go, and it always auto-opens messages if I remove my phone from my pouch right away.
    (I LIKE this feature)
    04-11-09 03:22 PM
    I have the same problem with the phone and auto answer when its in the pouch. I did the settings you said but it was already set to "never" so i would think it has to do with the magnet
    08-14-09 11:33 PM
    Just wait about 15 seconds before removing the BB from it holster and then you may choose to open your messages or whatever.
    08-16-09 10:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD