I have had it for several months and it has been working fine
    Last night I turned it off and it suppose to come on itself this morning
    while it did not start and I can't start it either by pressing the power button
    Pulled the battery couple of time and nothing happens
    I believe the battery has power and I even charged it for a bit more
    So is it just suddenly dead from nowhere?

Thanks a lot!
    03-02-09 07:19 AM
    I would try charging that battery longer to see if it powers on. If it doesn't then maybe try another battery to see if that's the culprit. If you get it to power on and then nothing happens, you may have other issues. Let us know the progress...
    03-02-09 07:22 AM
    It could certainly be the battery and if you are able; that is the quickest way to tell if it is. That would be an easy answer and fix.

If that's not it, then we have to look at other situations. Did you change anything before you turned it off and went to bed last night? Although it doesn't sound like it, a small change can really affect the BB.

Let us know what goes on please. We will certainly help to the best of our abilities.

~Jazzi~

03-02-09 07:42 AM
    I charged the BB via USB for about 20 mins and nothing changed
    It should not be the battery since it had >80% charge last night when I turned it off
    I did not do anything special before turning it off
    This is the first time anything strange happens to this berry....
    03-02-09 07:53 AM
    I charged the BB via USB for about 20 mins and nothing changed
    It should not be the battery since it had >80% charge last night when I turned it off
    I did not do anything special before turning it off
    This is the first time anything strange happens to this berry....
    Do you always turn it off at night? Have you tried pulling the battery while its on and leave it out about 30 seconds and then putting it back in? Just an idea......

~Jazzi~
    03-02-09 07:56 AM
    I configured it to automatically turn off so it does not bother me at night
    sometimes I manually turn it off if it is earlier than the preset time
    And yes I sure did the batter pull many times by now
    03-02-09 08:00 AM
    Personally I would try a new battery. That's what it sounds like to me anyway. That would be the quickest and easiest fix. If you can find a battery store, you may be able to get one fairly inexpensively, charge it up and put it in.

Another idea would be to hook it up to your pc and see if anything happens. The DM charges and you can see if it is recognized by your DM.

Otherwise, if it is still under warranty you may want to call your carrier.

It seems kind of soon for the battery to be going, however you never know.

~Jazzi~

03-02-09 08:11 AM
    Another dead battery vote here. Many times it will say its got a charge but in fact be dead... Drop into a store and they can help you determine for sure.....
    03-02-09 08:34 AM
    Called Verizon service about this and they suggested that it does not sound like a battery issue, and shipped out a replacement unit.
    I will still go to a Verizon store to try another battery
    If that does not help I will try "Recovery of the dead berry" before switching to the replacement unit.
    03-02-09 09:11 AM
    Update:

Definitely a dead battery, I tried my colleague's battery and it started up normally.
    This is weird since the battery has been normal until this morning.
    Now since Verizon shipped me a new unit, do you guys think it is worth to keep the new one? My phone is only 4 months old and like new, but it is nice to get a brand new anyway.
    03-02-09 10:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD