Since ive switched back to my blackberry from my iphone my 8320 randomly gets stuck on a loading icon and wont stop until I take the battery out so I can restart it. Its starting to get really annoying since it does it at least once a day. Has anyone had this problem before? I was thinking about reloading the OS on there but I have a mac and have to find a pc to do it on. thanks for any input.
    10-11-10 08:32 PM
    Maybe you are running short on memory? Check your File Free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-10 08:42 PM
    I dont think thats the problem. When I started to use it again I swiped all the data from it and i have a 128mb memory card on it with only a few pics it did it. but just incase how do i check my filefree?
    10-11-10 08:45 PM
    ok just figured out my file free its "360010 bytes" is that enough space free?
    10-11-10 08:53 PM
    Yikes, I hope you forgot a few zeros.

10-11-10 10:24 PM
    yikes i hope your right i just checked again and it says "0" , whats the deal with this? can anyone point me in the right direction to get this fixed.
    10-12-10 12:02 AM
    10-12-10 11:03 AM
    Yeah, that means you got barely any memory. Your memory card btw doesn't help your BlackBerry operate any faster. Use the link lak611 provided.

10-12-10 11:55 AM
    Ok I've tried the maxmem so hopefully thatll help me out. One thing I've noticed though is that when I take the battery out to restart it my file free is really high, but by the end of the night its at 0 bytes. Is this common or do I have a problem with my bb?

10-13-10 02:01 AM
    Let see I just checked my filefree after a restart and my file free is 14307792 Bytes. Is this a good amount to have?

10-13-10 02:03 AM
    Well that means you have 14 MBs which will have your BlackBerry working good, but it isn't necessarily good to have that little after a battery pull. I usually have that much by the end of the day. You still need to get rid of even more stuff. What apps do you have on your phone? And yes, that is common. Your suppose to battery pull when your phone's memory goes low.

10-13-10 06:55 AM
    Ok I've tried the maxmem so hopefully thatll help me out. One thing I've noticed though is that when I take the battery out to restart it my file free is really high, but by the end of the night its at 0 bytes. Is this common or do I have a problem with my bb?

Are you closing out apps with Menu/Close. The escape key only works to close certain apps. Others require closing using the menu. If a lot of stuff is constantly running in the background it will create a problem. Press alt/menu to see all running applications. Bbm, home, phone, messages and browser do not fully close by design. Any more than this will start to tax the memory. Good luck.

10-13-10 09:29 AM
    Just did another battery pull and it is at 18055651 Bytes now. The only apps I have downloaded are facbook, espn, copter, pandora, and google maps. Is there a way to install the apps onto my memory card so they won't take up any phone memory? I can't do any of the computer based memory free items since I have a mac. Any other ideas?

10-13-10 10:37 AM
    Just did another battery pull and it is at 18055651 Bytes now. The only apps I have downloaded are facbook, espn, copter, pandora, and google maps. Is there a way to install the apps onto my memory card so they won't take up any phone memory? I can't do any of the computer based memory free items since I have a mac. Any other ideas?

Unfortunately, the apps have to be in the device memory. The media card is just for pictures, MP3s, videos, etc.

Try to borrow a PC to delete some of the parts of the OS that you do not need, like sample pictures, sample video, languages you do not use, etc.

The app that probably drains memory more than any of the others is Facebook.
    10-13-10 10:46 AM
    Yeah, its definitely Facebook. It drains my memory quick when I'm using it, but I don't think that's what's causing you to have low memory. You just have to shrink your OS.

10-13-10 11:11 AM
    Well just checked my file free after a coupleof hrs since the battery pull and Its already down to 15897823 Bytes. It blows my mind that it goes down so fast. And that is with just basic phone usage text, phone calls etc.. Is this a problem with future bb? I was thinking about upgrading to a newer bold if I can find one that has the scroll ball for a good deal (I love the way it feels to use haha) but if this is allways a problem and I have to do a battery pull every so often then I might just go with the iphone 4 when it comes down for me to upgrade.

10-13-10 11:50 AM
    I don't think the newer phones have problems like this because the newer ones have either 256 MBs or 512. I would like to get the newer bold myself, but I don't have any money Plus I love the keyboard on the curve 83xx.

10-13-10 10:35 PM
    well I think we may have solved it after all the app erases and maxmems done. I used it all day today and just checked how much file free i have left at the end of the day and i have 14015685 bytes free. So hopefully it doesn't freeze up in the morning so my alarm will still go off and wont be like it was when it made me 2 hrs late for work lol. Thanks for all the help guys hopefully it stays in good working order, and I will fill you in after a couple of days of useage and see how many days i can go without having to do a battery pull.

p.s. I know i can probably search for this but what is an average time of usage on a 83xx before their is a need for a battery pull?
    10-14-10 12:05 AM
    I just do a battery pull every morning for the **** of it even if I don't need it. But for my phone,I estimate I can go 2-3 days without a battery pull.

10-14-10 08:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD