Okay.. So this is really the first time that I have had trouble with my bb.. When I talk on the phone or access the internet for more than 15 minutes without it being on the charger, my phone will cut off.. And won't cut back on uintil I do a battery pull then plug it up to the charger. Does anyone know why my bb is doing this? Andy help will be appreciated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-09 08:24 PM
    Did you just recently do any upgrades or add any new apps.
    01-11-09 08:25 PM
    =brothamoveson;1390051]Did you just recently do any upgrades or add any new apps.
    No last time I upgraded was about 2 months ago to 4.5.. It just started maybe a week ago

01-11-09 08:28 PM
    By cuting off do u mean like shut down? Black screen? Or just go to the home screen? My phone will shut off sometimes like rebot, if I'm on the internet but its just cause of the memory. so I have to clear my cookies and all that good stuff. then do another battery pull and its usually good. just my 2 cents hope it helps

01-11-09 08:30 PM
    By cuting off do u mean like shut down? Black screen? Or just go to the home screen? My phone will shut off sometimes like rebot, if I'm on the internet but its just cause of the memory. so I have to clear my cookies and all that good stuff. then do another battery pull and its usually good. just my 2 cents hope it helps

its cutting off and not coming back on at all unless i plug it up to the charger..
    01-11-09 08:32 PM
    01-11-09 08:51 PM
    What's the battery level when this happens?
    01-11-09 09:12 PM
    What's the battery level when this happens?
    once i plug it up to the charger and turn the phone back on.. the battery level is back full..
    01-11-09 09:14 PM
    I have no idea then that has never happened to me it might be ur phone just call ur cellphone provider and they should send u a new bb or just backup all ur stuff and whipe it and reload the os that might do it

01-11-09 09:55 PM
    I am having the same problem. It will completely shuts off while on a call, browsing web, taking a pic, anything. A battery pull will not help because the device still blacks out after a few seconds. The only way to get the Curve to start working again is to put it on the charger and start it up again. It happens at least 15 times a day. I had T-Mobile send me a new Curve and the same thing happen. After talking with 2 tech people I finally got someone who is going to send me a new battery. I have heard that the battery is causing the problem. The new battery should be here tomorrow so i will let you know if that fixes the problem. I really hope it does because this is frustrating and I really can't use my Curve for anything besides talk for a short period of time and maybe get some text messages out.
    Last edited by stnthmn; 01-11-09 at 10:11 PM.
    01-11-09 10:08 PM
    I am having the same problem. It will completely shuts off while on a call, browsing web, taking a pic, anything. A battery pull will not help because the device still blacks out after a few seconds. The only way to get the Curve to start working again is to put it on the charger and start it up again. It happens at least 15 times a day. I had T-Mobile send me a new Curve and the same thing happen. After talking with 2 tech people I finally got someone who is going to send me a new battery. I have heard that the battery is causing the problem. The new battery should be here tomorrow so i will let you know if that fixes the problem. I really hope it does because this is frustrating and I really can't use my Curve for anything besides talk for a short period of time and maybe get some text messages out.
    exactly... this is whatmine is doing. text are fine but anything else makes the phone shut off.. please let me know if this fixes the problem...
    01-11-09 10:15 PM
    I just check ups website and my battery is schedules to be shipped tomorrow. I did try my brothers battery a few days ago and my phone worked fine. At least I was able to take pictures with the flash again. However, he wanted his battery back so I wasn't able to do a true test of the phone. I will let you know tomorrow night how it goes.
    01-11-09 10:46 PM
    The battery came in today. So far I haven't had a problem. However, it came shipped pretty low so I am charging it now. For the hour or so it's been in my phone with a low battery warning I haven't had any problem. I will give an update later.
    01-12-09 03:21 PM
    I just wanted to giev an update. It seems that the new battery fixed the problem. I was able to make a few calls, text some people, go online, and play some music. The phone didn't shut off once. then I tested out the camera (which was a huge problem) and I can take pictures just like before. In fact, after all that, I only used up one bar on power on my battery. If this is the same problem your having I suggest getting a new battery. so far it fixed my problems.
    01-12-09 09:45 PM
    Okay.. Thanks So much.. I just ordered a new battery last night.. It should be here tomorrow.. (Thank God for overnight Delivery) lol. But thank you for the update..
    01-14-09 07:45 AM
    Let us know if the battery does the trick Tae, if not i would wipe and re-install the OS...
    01-14-09 07:49 AM
    I tried wiping the phone and i just installed the new OS for Att.. 4.5.182 or something like that. But i will keep you guys updated.
    01-14-09 07:52 AM
    Just to add my 2 cents...I had similar problems...a new battery was the answer.
    01-14-09 08:48 AM
    Just to add my 2 cents...I had similar problems...a new battery was the answer.
    Mine should be here tomorrow.. So hopefully that is it.. They store said having my phone in the bathroom with me while taking a shower could mess the battery up by letting moisture from the steam get in it.. So that could be it..
    01-14-09 10:56 PM
    Update:: just to let everyone know. It was the battery. I hjave had the new battery for about 8 hours now and no problems yet.. Yay!!!

01-15-09 04:12 PM
    sTILL NO PROBLEM... yAY!!!
    01-15-09 10:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD