Not literally but today out of nowhere it has just drained, it was fully charged this morning when i woke up and by 12 was down to half so i plugged it back up and it got to 90% but is already back to about 40% until a battery pull that brought it back to about 50%.

I've had it for a week now and it hasn't ever drained this fast.

Any ideas?
    07-27-09 06:26 PM
    This is likely due to a 3rd party theme or app that you installed recently.
    07-27-09 06:42 PM
    possibly running gps, wifi and bluetooth in background
    07-27-09 06:43 PM
    I thought of that as well since I just installed Time mobile, but when I checked the running application list it was closed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 06:44 PM
    All I can think of is updating your OS if you haven't done so already.

Is the battery getting hot? Are the connections for the battery clean?
    07-27-09 06:44 PM
    Kmak~

I've had my 8900 for just over a month. I received it on a Friday and had the battery replaced on the following tuesday. The original battery went from 100% to dead in six hours several times.

Calls to support led them to tell me to take it to the store and have the battery replaced.

You might be experiencing the same thing I did. A new battery might be the ticket.
    Last edited by s in fl; 07-27-09 at 09:23 PM.
    07-27-09 09:20 PM
    Just updated the os, so far so good.

If this doesn't work I'll be taking my battery in to t-mobile.

Thanks
    07-27-09 09:50 PM
    had this problem with another phone, and a T-mobile rep told me that the charger should be connected to a surge protector otherwise you can damage the battery because of the flux in electricity. not sure if its true or not but just wanted to share that.
    07-28-09 02:27 AM
    I had the same issue with mine after the first couple of days. Pulled the battery and did a reset and it seems to have corrected the issue. The only thing I could figure was that I was running the Pandora application the night before and it didn't shut down completely. I've uninstalled that application and haven't had a problem since. The other idea that was floated was that somebody else bluetoothed into the device and was running something malicious, so I've also turned on every security setting and encryption tool I could find, and no problems have resurfaced. Did I go overboard, probablly, but ya never know.
    07-28-09 10:04 AM
    wow the battery on my gf's bold is also subject to battery heat and drain. no running programs but its got poor reception all the time.
    07-28-09 10:14 AM
    wow the battery on my gf's bold is also subject to battery heat and drain. no running programs but its got poor reception all the time.
    poor reception will kill a battery pretty quickly too, thats my biggest problem.
    07-28-09 10:31 AM
    ... The other idea that was floated was that somebody else bluetoothed into the device and was running something malicious, so I've also turned on every security setting and encryption tool I could find, and no problems have resurfaced. Did I go overboard, probablly, but ya never know.
    I think you are safe to rule this out.
    07-28-09 01:41 PM
    I had this issue. If the charger is shot, it destroys the battery and shows what yours is doing.

You can get an iGo which has a surge suppressor in it from RadioShack for 30 or so. Best charger I ever had.
    07-28-09 06:23 PM
    From what i understand not properly closing programs and having to many open, sucks battery life like crazy
    08-03-09 07:08 AM
    I had a similar problem the other day, where it went from fully charged to almost dead in less than an afternoon. On top of me constantly using it at the time, I forgot that I had a couple programs running, one of which was using the gps. Lesson learned.

Also, for the person that mentioned Pandora sucking the life out of the battery, in the menu there is the "Shut down Pandora" option. I tend to shut it down anytime I don't plan on using it for a while. Otherwise I will just let it sit on the stations menu.
    08-03-09 11:27 PM
    had this problem with another phone, and a T-mobile rep told me that the charger should be connected to a surge protector otherwise you can damage the battery because of the flux in electricity. not sure if its true or not but just wanted to share that.
    No, it's not true; the T-mobile rep is full of it. A run of the mill power strip/"surge protector" will not correct any voltage spikes/swells/sags etc.
    08-12-09 09:03 AM
    Yeah, I bet it is your theme. Try a plain, inverse video theme, like Corporate Goth:

Corporate Goth Theme - Themes BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store
    08-12-09 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD