Well, did the update two days ago and now my battery life just plain sucks. i mean like unplug at 9am and dead by 2pm. And that's with it in standby most of the time. No apps running. A few texts here and there. Half a dozen short phone calls. No web-browsing (its an 8350i, remember?) Anybody else have the same issue?
    09-01-10 08:45 PM
    Mine doesn't die by 2pm, but goes down much faster for sure.

I was going to ask Sprint to replace the battery, but I guess they have to find and fix any error from OS 5.0.
    09-02-10 12:32 PM
    That is a true statement. My battery used to last all day with heavy DC, talk, text, and surf. Now....between 2-3pm....D-E-A-D!!! Thank goodness for car chargers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-10 12:46 PM
    Well - do I feel stupid. I guess when it updated and rebooted it turned my wifi on. Guess that will make your battery go down much quicker. So, maybe check and see if it's on. Seems to be helping so far. We'll see how it does later this afternoon.
    09-04-10 09:19 AM
    Mine is lasting 12-16 hours when it used to last 24-36. I'm wondering if BBM is a battery drainer. I never had it on my phone til the upgrade.

09-13-10 09:36 PM
    My battery life has seemed to actually improve. When I was running 4.6 I would leave for work @ 6 with a full charge and by 2 or 3 my battery was yellow.

Now with heavy use, SS and Blaq or Uber in the background I can go most of the day without worrying about charging my phone. There are certain busy days that I have to bust out the charger @ around 2 just to be safe, but all in all battery life is solid.

09-14-10 07:18 AM
    my batt life went down drasticly... i dont use my phone much.(about 15-20 min of call time... and about 30 min of internet time tops a day...) went from charging every 3ish days to Every day. i think my wifi is on. gonna shut it off when i grab my phone...
    09-14-10 10:00 AM
    As I mentioned in previous post my battery life after upgrading was just fine, then something happened.
    I was having some major lag and constant loading clock issues, to the point that my phone was almost useless. I decided it was the OS so I went back and re installed 5.0.0.807. Fixed one problem but almost feel like it created another.
    My battery life is HORRIBLE now! I leave for work with a full charge and within 3 to 4 hours I'm looking for a charger, just to make it to the end of the work day. I've gotten to the point that I always have a charger on me and I'm considering buying a back up battery.
    I just did the re install about three days ago, hopefully battery life will improve with time.

Last edited by crump84; 10-01-10 at 03:57 PM.
    10-01-10 01:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD