Hope I'm not posting something that's already known. I couldn't find anything regarding it. My apologies if so.

I started with the same BS battery drain everyone else seems to get. After the OS update it seemed to get better. Then, for some unknown reason my crackberry got nuked. After restoring it and reinstalling the OS - the problem came back.

I finally figured out that having the memory cleaner enabled was what was causing this. I assume I had it on originally (sucky battery), updated the OS and it got disabled (battery is good again), and when playing with my settings, turned it back on (which sent it back to suck town).

Anyhow, for those of you having battery issues, it's worth a shot. It worked for me. It's in the advanced security options.

Regards,
    -L.L.
    09-04-10 12:53 AM
    ill give it a shot!
    09-04-10 01:46 AM
    Also had battery issues that just started bout a week or so ago. Just found out yesterday it was the App Lock application that was causing it. Battery juice was dropping 15%-20% an hour. While trying to trace back changes I had made i decided to edit the application permissions of the App Lock app and set them all to deny. Now my battery which was at 60% at 9pm yesterday is now only down to 30% 17.5 hours later.

Don't miss using it but if required i'll just set it's permissions back to Allow.

Moral of the story is to check your installed apps as they're major source of battery drain.
    09-05-10 08:37 AM
    where do u go to set app permissions to deny??
    09-17-10 10:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD