HELP! So my battery was about to die and so I charged it. It was fine. Later on in the night, I decided to charge it some more and all of a sudden, I notice the phone had shut off and the picture of the battery came on with a red slash. I couldn't turn it on or off but I was able to ONCE and had check the status and I had a 100% battery. Then it decides to shut off again with the picture of the battery on the screen. I've pulled the battery out sooo many times but yet the picture of the battery is still on the screen and I am still not able to turn the phone on. Does anyone know why this is? Or what I can do to fix it? I hope I don't have to buy a new battery.
    05-20-08 02:41 AM
    I'm new to Blackberry as well but it sounds like it, sadly.
    05-20-08 03:11 AM
    Don't know what's wrong but look on the bright side; replacing the battery is better (and chaeper) than replacing the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-08 03:17 AM
    Well guess what....
    05-20-08 03:54 AM
    I had that issue, got a new battery, and it still did the same thing. I got a new phone under RIM warranty.

Problem is... they dont send you a new battery or back cover with the phone, so i hope you didnt do anything to the battery that caused this issue, i.e. get it wet or anything...
    05-20-08 03:59 AM
    If you need to see it for yourself, go into your providers store, and they should be happy to try a different battery for you to see which it is. Then, they can setup RIM replacement on the spot for you.
    05-20-08 04:02 AM
    The battery with a red slash through it indicates a faulty battery. You need to replace your battery.

I am concerned as to how you knew the original battery was dying. Did this too show the same symbol? Was it just poor battery prformance?
    05-20-08 04:28 AM
    Oh, I'm sorry. What I meant when I said my battery was "about to die" is that when the red signal of the battery comes on on the home screen indicating that it needs to be charged.

Thank you all for your suggestions. I am going to head to a T-mobile store to see what's wrong.
    05-20-08 04:08 PM
    Welcome, youve come to the right place!
    05-20-08 04:10 PM
    If you consider to buy a new battery try seidio. It worth the price.
    05-20-08 07:29 PM
    Okay, just wanted to update the situation. I went to a T-Mobile store, they tried putting in a new battery and it still won't turn on. The guys there didn't know what was wrong after searching their data bases so they called their Blackberry support line and I was told to wipe out the device and see if that'll work. I tried and nope, it's still not working--the battery with the red slash is still there and won't go further after erasing everything off the phone. So the next step will be for them to send me a new device. I am deeply sadden--I'm currently using an old backup phone (a Samsung slider phone) and it's just not the same. I don't carry it anywhere with me and I take 5 years to create a text. It just sucks! Why me?! I still don't understand why--I didn't drop it, let it touch water, or downloaded any new apps or anything like that! SIGH!
    05-27-08 02:32 AM
    stylesabs--did they ever tell you what caused it?
    05-27-08 02:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD