just recently purchased a blackberry curve maybe 1 1/2 to 2 months ago.

didn't start having issues with it until i downloaded applications. didn't end up caring for applications and removing them because they were killing my battery and lagging my phone.

i am only ever connected to the verizon network, and whenever i am finished with a website, i close out of the browser.

my question is, why is my battery still draining?

up in the right hand corner, i see little arrows going in each direction.. as if to imply my phone is receiving a message and sending one out. however i have not done so.

i've even tried pulling the battery a few times to see if maybe that would help but, no luck.

i charge my phone while i sleep, and half way through the night realize it's done charging and remove the charger cord. i wake up in the morning to find it completely dead again.

if anybody has any ideas, please help. thank you!
    07-07-10 01:52 AM
    Have you updated the OS?

Wifi on? Mine died in 7 hrs with just the wifi on (cellular radio off), sitting, connected, next to the router.

The 8530 is a great phone, imo, except for the battery life, which is an embarassment.
    07-07-10 05:32 AM
    Sounds like you have an app that's very data-intensive. You'll see the arrows whenever data is transferred.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-10 07:07 AM
    You probably installed some kind of app that uses data a lot. Littona is right, you should see those arrows when data is being trannsferred. Check all your running apps, and close them all. Also, I'd recommend updating to the latest OS, which is 5.0.0.734.
    07-07-10 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD