Does charging while the phone is on can reduce battery life?....
    08-11-09 09:50 AM
    No... letting your battery go dead will reduce battery life... but charging your phone as often as possible or charging while it's on will not reduce life.
    08-11-09 09:54 AM
    No... letting your battery go dead will reduce battery life... but charging your phone as often as possible or charging while it's on will not reduce life.
    Ok, thx.....
    08-11-09 11:33 AM
    What fatboy said. I charge my phone everyday even when I have well over 50% left.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 11:42 AM
    Hmm I didn't know that. Thanks for the info

08-11-09 11:45 AM
    yea nice to know....
    08-11-09 12:49 PM
    Wordddddddd
    08-11-09 01:13 PM
    What fatboy said. I charge my phone everyday even when I have well over 50% left.

Really? I was always under the impression (with re-chargeable devices) that you should let your battery cycle from 100% down to as close to empty as possible before charging to full capacity. Obviously that's not always possible, but one should try to adhere to this when possible.

I don't remember where I heard this myth, but the purpose of this practice is to alleviate an issue where your battery can develop a "memory", thereby ensuring the charging capacity (zero to 100%) stays as large as possible.

The myth was that regularly charging the battery at 50% will allow the battery to develop memory that this is it's new "empty", and once the batter hits 50% used, it will discharge a lot faster.

Is this only the case with older battery technology?

Learn me!
    08-11-09 01:32 PM
    Really? I was always under the impression (with re-chargeable devices) that you should let your battery cycle from 100% down to as close to empty as possible before charging to full capacity. Obviously that's not always possible, but one should try to adhere to this when possible.

I don't remember where I heard this myth, but the purpose of this practice is to alleviate an issue where your battery can develop a "memory", thereby ensuring the charging capacity (zero to 100%) stays as large as possible.

The myth was that regularly charging the battery at 50% will allow the battery to develop memory that this is it's new "empty", and once the batter hits 50% used, it will discharge a lot faster.

Is this only the case with older battery technology?

Learn me!
    This was true with older battery technologies but not true for Li-Ion battery technologies. Since the battery in your BB is Li-Ion, you should avoid letting it get low at all costs. For a Li-Ion battery, going too low too often will shorten its overall battery life and could render the battery useless. Charge your battery early and often for the best overall battery life. I have a desktop cradle next to my bed and so I charge my BB every single night.
    08-11-09 01:35 PM
    So that being said, the battery life is good?
    08-11-09 03:49 PM
    So that being said, the battery life is good?
    Everyones definition of Good is different... personally, I don't have problems, but I keep an eye on my apps and know how to close them all... and I use a program call AutoStandBy... you can use your Standby button and works the same as the app, but I don't have to think about it since I installed the app... and I usually plug my device into my PC everyday at work and to my laptop at home over the weekend.
    08-11-09 04:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD