I have had my blackberry for about 2 months and I'm already having problems with the battery. I plug my phone in at night and take it off the charger when I leave for work and by 5:00 my battery is in the red. This just started a couple days ago, but this seems odd to me for being such a new phone.

I this a common problem?
    05-09-08 03:59 PM
    Your battery life depends on how much energy it has charged with and how much demand you are putting on it.

When the connections are active, they are using power all the time. If your signal strength is low, you are using more power to drive your signal back to the receiver.

Bluetooth is another power drain, I keep mine turned off when not used.
    05-09-08 04:26 PM
    Leaving a lot of apps open in the background (especially Google Maps) will cause a quick drain.

If this just started a couple of days go.... what's changed. Something is different. Find that, find your problem.
    05-09-08 04:28 PM
    If your phone is new, it should still be under warranty and they will replace the battery for free. If that doesn't fix the problem, then it's probably something you've been doing different.

A few months ago, my laptop's battery suddenly reduced by half for no reason. Turns out, there was a print job in queue for a printer that I didn't even have. All along it was trying to print something, which was eating battery power. I imagine something like that could happen with a cell phone. Like JRSCCivic98 said, could be an app running.
    05-09-08 07:47 PM
    this happened to my curve recently as well...exit out of your applications, and also make sure to turn off your blackberry frequently (like a few times a week, if not everyday) in order to re-boot it. that helped my battery life.
    05-13-08 10:06 AM
    turn off your blackberry frequently (like a few times a week, if not everyday) in order to re-boot it.
    Turning off a BB by it's Power icon choice or by the power button does not reboot it.
    05-13-08 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD