So i had my phone replaced yesterday by verizon. Prior to going to verizon i did a backup. Verizon was able to transfer to address book so that was good. however i would like restore just a few of my things from my old bb but not all of it.. I would just like to be able to update things such as my memopad, and my password keeper. is there a way to just update those to my new phone or is the a way that i can at least view them on my computer and manually update my memopad and password keeper.
    Thanks
    08-23-09 12:42 PM
    before you took the old one in did you run the device switch wizard?
    08-23-09 12:43 PM
    I didnot run the switch device wizard, i wasnt aware that verizon was gonna give me a new BB.
    08-23-09 12:45 PM
    Have you tried to restore the backup yet? Im not sure if the specific things you asked for get backed up but it might be worth a shot to try.
    08-23-09 12:49 PM
    When i try the restore, its all or nothing. I have to restore everything from my old bb, not just specific folders. unless i am missing something
    08-23-09 12:53 PM
    Have you tried the backup/restore wizard and using the advanced section?

forkup
    08-23-09 01:21 PM
    When i try the restore, its all or nothing. I have to restore everything from my old bb, not just specific folders. unless i am missing something
    doesnt it prompt you for what you would like to restore? It tells you that "these databases will be replaced with these databases"

What would it hurt if you just did a full restore from backup. How old was the backup file?
    08-23-09 01:28 PM
    I must have been missing something, i was able to do it using the advanced options thanks for the quick help
    08-23-09 01:35 PM
    I must have been missing something, i was able to do it using the advanced options thanks for the quick help
    Glad to hear you figured it out.
    08-23-09 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD