My wife's cuve has gone dead. The keypad and trackball dont function altho the phone does.

Anywho, VW says there are none in the warehouse and that we need to visit a store for a replacement. My question is the BB Desktop manager has a device switch but I can only complete half since we dont have the new phone. Can I do a plain backup and then restore the old backup to the new phone?

Thanks in advance.

chaz
    01-06-09 08:14 PM
    Yes. That will take care of your contacts, messages, calendar
    entries, settings, etc... You may need to reinstall apps though.
    01-06-09 08:19 PM
    Follow the guide below. You will end up with a copy of the third party apps. Then you can do a normal back up to compliment the third party apps.

Q&A How to Backup your 3rd party applications to your PC | BerryReview.com �
    01-06-09 08:20 PM
    Follow the guide below. You will end up with a copy of the third party apps. Then you can do a normal back up to compliment the third party apps.

Q&A How to Backup your 3rd party applications to your PC | BerryReview.com �
    .:slaps forehead:. How could I have forgotten that part
    01-06-09 08:37 PM
    slaps own head and goes to have a V8!
    01-06-09 08:39 PM
    To add to this: what happens if I use switch wizard from an 8830 to a curve?

Would it be better to just transfer my addy book and start new? What happens to items that are not compabible with the new phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 12:00 AM
    Switching one from BB to another is even easier.
    01-07-09 12:09 AM
    Yeah that I know. I am on my third 8830 and they are sending me a curve tomorrow. I just don't want to screw it up and brick the dam thing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 12:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD