Well I've been using BB for quite a long time and I gotta say that this 8900 is a great device. I bought the 8900 about 2 weeks ago or so after having tried out the G1 for 2 months and it feels great to be back on a BB. The G1 was a great toy but that's all it was so I just gave it away so anyone thinking of a G1 just know that its a crap phone but a great toy. The only thing that bugs me with the BB are the issues with UMA that I've always had with the 8320 and now with this 8900 so I've just given up on UMA and will use EDGE until Tmo gets their act together and release a 3G BB. Other than that its great but I'll ditch it the moment the driftwood comes out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 04:41 PM
    08-19-09 04:51 PM
    Well I've been using BB for quite a long time and I gotta say that this 8900 is a great device. I bought the 8900 about 2 weeks ago or so after having tried out the G1 for 2 months and it feels great to be back on a BB. The G1 was a great toy but that's all it was so I just gave it away so anyone thinking of a G1 just know that its a crap phone but a great toy. The only thing that bugs me with the BB are the issues with UMA that I've always had with the 8320 and now with this 8900 so I've just given up on UMA and will use EDGE until Tmo gets their act together and release a 3G BB. Other than that its great but I'll ditch it the moment the driftwood comes out.

Sorry to hear you always had problems with UMA. I had an 8320 and then an 8900. I have never since day one had a problem with UMA because it's setup properly. My guess is you simply hoped for plug and play and didn't get it so you assumed UMA had issues. I can assure you this isn't the case.

Check out the UMA setup in my sig and you'll be good to go.
    08-19-09 04:56 PM
    Yeah I've checked a bunch of info on this whole issue and its never worked properly. I use the at&t uverse router and right now I don't feel like dishing out more cash to go router behind router. So for me UMA doesn't and has never worked properly at home on a blackberry...though it worked on the G1 wich is part of the reason I don't want to waste money on a third party router. I've done the whole port fowarding thing too sooo oh well....maybe the wifi was defective on my 8320 and now my 8900 as well, now wouldn't that be something. Lmao

08-19-09 05:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD