Hi guy

I just had a quick question... Some people say that having the AutoDim feature OFF saves battery life...

How true is this?

I would have thought that having it ON would save battery life as it adjusts automatically according to ambient light.

Can someone with experience with a Blackberry explain this to me that how having AutoDim OFF saves battery life.

Thanks
    12-26-09 05:38 PM
    Its confusing to me too but from what I heard, when its on the phone is constantly sensing the light and that takes up life. I havent tried it though
    12-26-09 05:52 PM
    I haven't noticed any difference between the two settings.
    12-26-09 05:55 PM
    LOL, that actually makes so much sense... Why would RIM do such a stupid thing like that... Blackberry devices are on going hard work... Its never simple
    12-26-09 06:00 PM
    I haven't noticed any difference between the two settings.
    Do you have your AutoDim On or Off?
    12-26-09 06:03 PM
    i keep my autodim off. i dont notice any huge drain nor gain on the battery.

i do notice that in bright sunlight the screen automatically gets brighter in order to see it better. once i go back inside into artificial light, it dims back down.

i keep my screen brightness on 20%, which is more than bright enough in normal inside light conditions.
    12-26-09 09:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD