For some reason Telus has posted instructions on how to send text messages when the new OS update hasn't even came out yet. If you go on the client care site and search 8350I text it will come up in support

I gave client care **** seeing how i've been a mike customer for almost 7 years and i suggest all of you do the same. For months we've been promised a OS update with text and still nothing 6 months later? I'm about to get rid of this phone this is ridiculous.
    07-28-09 02:53 PM
    We feel your pain! In my area which is Montreal,the company I work for deals with 3 local Telus stores and they all say the same thing that everybody is returning the 8350i.The last I heard was August,for the update but personally I think its all Bull.... thats just my opinion.
    07-28-09 11:56 PM
    I have sent another email to (Asked to remove email links) who is Executive Customer Relations Advisor at TELUS and hope to have an answer from her soon as to when the new update is coming.
    07-29-09 08:23 AM
    I just heard from Farhana and she says she talked with the development team and they are still working on a solution and do not have a date as to when the OS update and text message issue will be resolved.
    07-29-09 11:16 AM
    Isn't there some sort of simple way to text via browser and forward all to email? I think its stupid to not have it already! What are they doing to my crackfamily? I'm going to send an email to telus myself!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 04:31 PM
    This was posted as a link to this thread in the BlackBerry Owners Lounge in this thread ... 8350i with no SMS in Canada - BlackBerry Curve - BlackBerry 8300 Series Smartphone - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

and it refers to this thread that there is a update coming to fix the no sms issue ... 8350i Iden Blackberry doing SMS - NO BS FOR REAL!!!!! - Discussed in Telus users forum - PinStack.com - Smartphone Professionals Alliance.
    08-18-09 09:34 PM
    This was posted as a link to this thread in the BlackBerry Owners Lounge in this thread ... 8350i with no SMS in Canada - BlackBerry Curve - BlackBerry 8300 Series Smartphone - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

and it refers to this thread that there is a update coming to fix the no sms issue ... 8350i Iden Blackberry doing SMS - NO BS FOR REAL!!!!! - Discussed in Telus users forum - PinStack.com - Smartphone Professionals Alliance.
    that Pinstack post was posted 4 weeks ago, and no update?? Seems like a crock to me. Pics or it didn't happen
    08-18-09 10:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD