I am running 4.5.81 on an ATT Curve. I have a 4 GB MicroSD card that is loaded with 1.7 GB of songs and documents.
    When I try to attach a 4MB pdf file from the MicroSD card for emailing I get the message "The selected file exceeds the maximum allowed attachment size."

Is this a device limit or a limit imposed by ATT for emailing?

What is the limit? And is there a way around it?

Thanks.
    12-15-08 06:01 PM
    I got the same message on TMO when I tried to send a video file.
    12-15-08 06:03 PM
    There is a limit. The only way I have found to get around it it to divide the attachment up. Send the document in multiple emails. Unfortunately this doesn't work for music and video.The pains of the pocket laptop.
    12-15-08 06:09 PM
    So any idea what the limit is? Looks like it somewhere between 3 and 4 MB. I can add a 1MB file three times to an attachment but when I try to add it the fourth time I get the above message I listed about it being too big.

I have this same problem sometimes with video and audio files I receive in email.
    Gives me a message when I try to open it that it exceeds the 2.83 MB size limt and will not even let me download it, much less view it.

This was one of the reasons I got a MicroSD card.
    12-15-08 06:43 PM
    12-15-08 06:50 PM
    hey guys, like the original poster, i have an 8310 on att and im running 4.5.81. Last night i took a video and emailed it to a friend. it was 2.4mb and although it took a little while it went through without a problem. looks like i just made it through the cut off.
    12-15-08 07:44 PM
    Thanks. So it looks like IT controls this? My IT department knows diddley about our bberrys. I know more from reading this forum!
    They just buy them from ATT and issue them out. And this is a company with over 4000 employees worldwide!
    12-15-08 08:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD